Keezer Build

Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
mdentremont
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Matt d'Entremont

Keezer Build

Post by mdentremont » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello all, I've been pretty quiet on here so figured I'd make a post.

A few weeks ago I decided to make a keezer, after scouring the web for different builds I decided to follow this one: http://homebrewacademy.com/how-to-build-a-keezer/

I had recently bought a mitre saw and hand sander which both came in very handy. The rest (clamps, drop cloth, wood, etc) I purchased the day that I started the build. The build was actually fairly quick, I got the collar built on the first day, and also the first coat of stain. I also painted the deep freeze on the first day. The next few days were spent putting additional coats of paint/stain/varnish.

I got the deep freeze on Kijiji for $80 - it was in decent shape, barely even needed to be cleaned.

The temperature is controlled by an Inkbird: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01129 ... UTF8&psc=1

The only thing that really went wrong was the black Rustoleum paint wasn't looking good on the lid, so I ended up putting some chalkboard paint which is matte and thicker, and it turned out great. I had painted the rubber gaskets on the lid as well, but those never did dry (even now if you touch it, you might get paint on your hand).

Anyway, here are some pics!

Buccaneer
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike Digdon

Re: Keezer Build

Post by Buccaneer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Very nice! This is my project for the fall.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

mthibodeau
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Marc Thibodeau

Re: Keezer Build

Post by mthibodeau » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Very nice

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”