Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Re: Electric Brewery Plan

Post by LiverDance » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Jimmy wrote:
LiverDance wrote:How does 1 growler of RB galaxy smash sound?
We will chat. I'd like to take a look at the fan and see how it hooks up. Any idea of the brand/model of the fan?
Haha, I knew that would probably be too high of an asking price for you! I'll try and remember to look at it tonight after hockey and get some specs on it.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:18 pm

LiverDance wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
LiverDance wrote:How does 1 growler of RB galaxy smash sound?
We will chat. I'd like to take a look at the fan and see how it hooks up. Any idea of the brand/model of the fan?
Haha, I knew that would probably be too high of an asking price for you! I'll try and remember to look at it tonight after hockey and get some specs on it.
:lol: You're breaking the bank with this ludicris pricing I tell you!

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Well It's no secret how much you love that beer! I still haven't tried it
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:34 pm

I've done unspeakable things for that beer. Things I'll never forget.

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Post by Celiacbrew » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:42 pm

LiverDance wrote:Brew day is gong pretty good. The system will work very well once I work out these kinks. So if the duck run was longer it would be more efficient?
I'm not a mechanical guy so probably best to verify any advice i give elsewhere, but I like cooking so I know a bit about range hoods. For your condensation problem, is it possible to shorten the distance from the top of your hood to the where the duct starts to slope down? The hot humid air coming out of the hood cools quickly and if the condensation happens before the slope starts to turn down toward the exit, the condensation comes back in instead of going straight out. Usually a short run of a few feet isn't enough to cause condensation to roll back at you, but since you are putting out a ton of humidity from your pot minimizing that distance would be best. Assuming your hood has the capability to vent out the back, you could screw the plate that came on top of the rangehood back on and use the rectangular port on the back instead. That way you can have the run of duct be ever so slightly down all the way from hood to exhaust and the water will roll outside instead of back into your room.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I believe I am stuck with what I have for now, if you look at the latest picture back in the thread my window is too low for me to go straight out the back, which Is why I need that flex hose to come down and out the opening.

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Post by Celiacbrew » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Just spitballing an idea, but I wonder if you could use something like this to go out the back and then use flex to slope down and out the window. I wonder if you could find a 4x10 to 8inch connector. If you could get one bent like the ones that go to a register you would be able to turn it straight down to get a nice angle at the window. This might be overthinking things though if its not a huge issue for you. Also I don't know what air smacking into that hard 90degree turn would do for your air flow, might hurt it a bit.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:32 am

Jimmy, here is a pic of the specs on the fan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”