Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Re: Electric Brewery Build

Post by LiverDance » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 am

Got my PID's cut out :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LiverDance on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Re: Electric Brewery Plan

Post by LiverDance » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Tonight we got the spa panel installed :banana:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Derek Stapleton

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 am

Meant to mention that Rona in bayers lake had their spa panels at $48 c/w gfi breaker.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:34 am

Sweet deal. That belongs in the deals thread.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Derek Stapleton

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 am

LeafMan66_67 wrote:Meant to mention that Rona in bayers lake had their spa panels at $48 c/w gfi breaker.
Also - only two left on Sunday when I was there ... One Square D and one cutler-hammer.

X - I'd post in the deal thread, but can't find the damn thread - I'm sure its staring me in the face somewhere!
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

AllanMar
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Allan

Post by AllanMar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

LeafMan66_67 wrote:
LeafMan66_67 wrote:Meant to mention that Rona in bayers lake had their spa panels at $48 c/w gfi breaker.
Also - only two left on Sunday when I was there ... One Square D and one cutler-hammer.

X - I'd post in the deal thread, but can't find the damn thread - I'm sure its staring me in the face somewhere!
There was a few there this morning (one Cutler Hammer) and 3 or so square d plus 2x 60a square d.

YMMV though as they were scanning at $168, and they're the old style.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Jimmy, can I get this thread moved to the DIY section?

Finally got the element mounted :banana:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Got the exterior wiring done, btw this is the biggest plug I've ever seen . Going to finish the cut outs and paint it on the weekend to get it ready for wiring. :cheers:

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 pm

You need a banana for scale. I've seen your hands, they're tiny.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

chalmers wrote:You need a banana for scale. I've seen your hands, they're tiny.
I've seen your banana, my hands are bigger :shock:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Some more progress, all I gotta do now is get this beast wired up :?

RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Name: Rob

Post by RubberToe » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Keep at er bro. Just plan how you're running your wires and do them one at a time.... before you know it you'll be brewing on this!
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:53 pm

I'd rather see those heat sinks on the outside of the box, or ventilation.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm planning on a small fan being installed.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 am

A couple of questions guys:

1. What size wiring did you use for your panels?
2. Where can I find terminal strips?
3. Where can I find that heat compound for the ssr and heatsink?

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:06 am

I can probably find terminal strips.

RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Name: Rob

Post by RubberToe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 am

In my panel I used 14 gauge stranded wire from Home Depot for all my 110V runs and wires taken from my 30A 240V cord I used for the kettle element for the 240V runs. The terminal strips I got from Home Depot. Heat sink compound can be found at a computer parts store. I have some if it's worth the trek to Dartmouth.
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 am

mr x wrote:I can probably find terminal strips.
Let me know if you can find any, I'm in the market for at least 1 @40amp, home depot is only showing 30A. Thanks again :rockin:

HPhunter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by HPhunter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 am

"I'm planning on a small fan being installed."
Don't go to small, the heat generated can be significant.
"Home of the Shockerrrrrr!"

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:16 am

HPhunter wrote:"I'm planning on a small fan being installed."
I was thinking standard desktop computer fan?

HPhunter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by HPhunter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Getting air in and out is important. An oversized fan won't hurt you any. Heat is terrible for cheap SSRs.
"Home of the Shockerrrrrr!"

sleepyjamie
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Name: jamie

Post by sleepyjamie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:13 am

LiverDance wrote:
HPhunter wrote:"I'm planning on a small fan being installed."
I was thinking standard desktop computer fan?
make sure the fans have chromed grill plates and LEDs.
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am

Fucking yes!! :lol:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Everflow-120mm-x ... 4600e485b8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Getting closer

Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Jayme

Post by Jayme » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm

No burn marks or anything yet! So far so good. What have you got left to do?
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”