Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
evanisnor
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Evan Isnor

Keggle Spigot

Post by evanisnor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Hey everyone,

Slowly working my way up to 5 gallon BIAB batches. I modified a sanke today. As you can see from the photo below, the spigot is a silly little brass thing. The flow is but a trickle. I was looking into this kit from OBK that has exactly everything I need: https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Product ... t&CartID=1

If I throw 3ft of silicon tubing onto the order the shipping goes up to about $10. I hate paying for shipping unless I have to. Anyone know where I can source these parts locally?

Thanks!

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Re: Keggle Spigot

Post by Celiacbrew » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:53 pm

https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... valve-kit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cleaned Dave out of silicone the last time I was there. Maybe call and see when he is expecting more.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

evanisnor
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Evan Isnor

Post by evanisnor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Ah, didn't see that kit listed on his site. I was planning on placing an order with Dave soon anyway.

Thanks!

GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Name: David Gillett

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks!

The silicone tubing will be back in early July but I've got everything else in stock

Dave

RossBee
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Steffen Rosswog

Post by RossBee » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:23 pm

I bought the kit from OBK, including the valve and screen, dip tube, etc. Tried sourcing the stainless 1/2" valve anywhere else, it was at least $8 more than OBK. The kit comes with silicone o-ring and grooved counter nut for a great seal, well worth it. The dip tube and screen are great, particularly for heavy hops addition. Just ordered another 3 sets for my other keggles. Haven't found any silicone hose any cheaper anywhere else either.
Why brew beer I can buy?

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”