DIY Beer Gun (Blichmann)

Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
Cobalt
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Tim

DIY Beer Gun (Blichmann)

Post by Cobalt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:18 pm

So I wanted to build one of these, and I thought they were more complex then it is. It wasnt, it was actually kinda simple. And the timing is perfect for the advent calendar, phil and I dont need to use a bottling sugar to prime now, so a nice clean beer for everyone :)

So heres a few pictures, and Ill explain what I used and where I got them.

For the Co2 pieces I got them from Princess Auto. A 2 port air manifold $4.99, the quick connects were $6.99 each, the barb and other connecting pieces were a few bucks $5, and on the actual dispense gun, the blue air valve was from a cheap air nozzle for $4. The 1/8 copper line and compression fitting was from Canadian Hose and Fittings at 81 Isley in burnside for less then $5. The rest of the pieces I had laying around and utilized, a picnic tap, an acrylic tube from a racking cane, and small bits of co2 and dispense line.

The reason I wanted to use quick connects is because I didnt want to have the gun connected all the time and to be able to take it apart for cleaning when needed. Also it makes it easy to move around and fill bottles where I want. I used a manifold so I could keep my line I use for carbing my kegs always available (didnt need to have this on a quick connect but eh lol). I put a shutoff valve before the manifold as an extra check to make sure im not leaking co2 needlessly.

Im posting this after building it and testing it (drinking day 5, still carbed in the bottle nicely :chug: ) It took some trial and error with how much psi to use, I found 4-5 psi was good, filled the bottles quickly enough, could fill 4 bottles a minute roughly. I like how the air nozzle worked perfectly, I really didnt want to use some sort of turn valve, and not have to buy some expensive button valve.

Another thing to note, is when using a beer gun, your going to have some wastage when first starting to fill, you need to remove all foam from the line. I used a measuring cup and drank it afterwards :)

Any questions and Ill happily answer as best I can. Im still playing with it, trying to hook it up to a tap on the keezer so I dont have to pull a keg out each time lol. Ill take some more pics next time im filling some bottles so you can see that process, but it should be straight forward :P

Cheers!! :cheers2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've brewed: Oktoberfest, Belgian Tripple, Summer Ale (Keiths Clone), Home Brewed Ginger Ale, Rory's Red Irish Ale, Honey Brown, Russian Imperial Stout, Krölsch

jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Name: Justin

Re: DIY Beer Gun (Blichmann)

Post by jacinthebox » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm

This is very cool
Brathair Brewing

Brew Hard...Stay Humble

mcgster
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Name: Mark McGraw

Re: DIY Beer Gun (Blichmann)

Post by mcgster » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 pm

I built a similar setup but i used two picnic taps and one was to purge the co2 the other was to fill. So far so good! I got stuck one night and had to build it out of spare parts. I have found that as long as you have proper carb levels in your beer it keeps great.

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”