CO2 Distributor

Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
tizzler
Name: Tom

CO2 Distributor

Post by tizzler » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:17 pm

I have a CO2 distributor that splits the Co2 into three for the three-keg set-up that I have. One keg is carbonated and being consumed now. The CO2 is set to 10psi.

When I need to carbonate an additional keg I assume I have to shut off the valve to the already carbonated keg in order to force carbonated the other?

In the meantime, how do I serve the existing keg? I can't do that if I'm force carbonating the new one at 30 psi for example. Do I have to switch the valves from force-carboning on one to serving on the other?

Thanks,
Tom

chalmers
Name: Chris

Re: CO2 Distributor

Post by chalmers » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Yes, I would suggest to shut off the already-carbed beer from the 30psi. The beer that is already carbed, and had been sitting at 10psi, will still have some force pushing it out to your glass. You should be able to serve a few pints with the gas shut off, before the flow dies. You could open the valve for a second or two to bring back a bit of "pushing" pressure to that beer.

tizzler
Name: Tom

Post by tizzler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:46 am

Makes sense thanks.
Tom

FrankB
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Frank Brolly

Post by FrankB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:28 am

You could also use a dual regulator setup like this one https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... checkvalve" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”