Keezer temperature control

Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
Bfrail

Keezer temperature control

Post by Bfrail » Thu May 26, 2016 7:26 am

image.jpg
Being new to the forum I've read a bit of stuff but not all of it so my applogies if this has already been covered.
I just recently did my first keezer build in a very small freezer, big enough for 2 ball lock kegs with one on the hump. It was a freezer I had so no added cost. To save myself more money I pulled the temperature adjuster out and found the adjusting screw for the freezer factory settings, turned it in and through experimentation over 2 days I got it dialled into -5 to +5 C depending on where I set the thermometer I have which indicates min and max temperatures. My average with a dial thermometer in a container of water is 0 C. The money I saved on not buying a temperature controller and freezer I spent on some, what I consider, nice faucets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Don

Re: Keezer temperature control

Post by elreplica » Fri May 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Nice work...dont freeze your beer! It sounds like you're good, though.
At Bat: several Czech Pils
On Deck: Cream Ale
In the Hole: Kolsch
Clean Up: Tall Ships Ale clones
On tap: Propeller Pils, Festa Cream Ale

Cliff_Shaw
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Cliff Shaw

Post by Cliff_Shaw » Tue May 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Your best bet for reliable temperature control is a Johnson A419 controller - controls to within 1 oC - no worries about frozen beer

Cliff

Bfrail

Post by Bfrail » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:27 am

It's no issue, the beer doesn't freeze and with both kegs it seems to have settled at a nice 5 to 8 degree temp. at the top, lower is cooler so the beer comes out just the right temperature for me. The point of trying this was so that I don't have to buy a controller and in my opinion it works just right.

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”