BIAB for dummies

Discuss all things BIAB (Brew In A Bag)
bsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Brent Smith

BIAB for dummies

Post by bsmith » Fri May 04, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm going to be getting into BIAB here shortly anyone know of any good sources of info?

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Re: BIAB for dummies

Post by Jimmy » Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 pm

I did some reading on http://www.biabrewer.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and just jumped into it. It's really easy, and difficult to screw up.

-If you've got a pot big enough to hold your whole grain bill, along with all your water, it's even easier. Just heat your water up (usually a few degrees hotter than what you want to mash at), add your bag & grains, stir the grains, let it sit for an hour.

-Once your mash is complete, apply heat to the pot once again raising the temperature to ~168, then pull the bag of grains out and let it strain (either over the pot, or in something else....you can squeeze the bag to get all the wort out if you want). If you're straining into something else, add the strained wort back into the kettle.

-Continue raising the temperature until you reach a boil, then proceed with regular boil process.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Re: BIAB for dummies

Post by Jimmy » Fri May 04, 2012 8:56 pm

There is some discussion in this thread as well viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1679" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't have a bag yet and are looking for one, I make custom sized BIAB bags..they are the ones in that thread. Quite a few of the guys on here have purchased them from me, and they seem to be working out well.

Return to “BIAB Discussion”