Cask Beer Throwdown - Sept 24 - Discount Tix and Volunteers

Discuss past/present/future events
chalmers
Name: Chris

Cask Beer Throwdown - Sept 24 - Discount Tix and Volunteers

Post by chalmers » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:44 am

https://www.facebook.com/events/152611845125610/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Halifax's first-ever commercial cask beer festival! Two sessions will be available, where guests will get to try cask beers from many of Nova Scotia's best craft breweries. Tickets include access to the event, 12 sample beer tickets (equal to 4 glasses), and a take-home glass.

Session One (12-3pm) breweries include: Garrison Brewing Co., Big Spruce Brewing, Schoolhouse Brewery, Tatamagouche Brewing Co., Propeller Brewing Company, Sober Island Brewing Company, Good Robot Brewing Company and Boxing Rock Brewing Company, and more TBA

Session Two (5-8pm) breweries include: North Brewing Company, Spindrift Brewing Company, Gahan House - Halifax, Hell Bay Brewing Company, Garrison Brewing Co., Big Spruce Brewing, Sober Island Brewing Company, Good Robot Brewing Company, and more TBA

We'll also have a super special menu created by our friends at T DOGS, The Food Wolf, and Bramoso Gourmet Pizzeria.
Sept 24 @ Olympic Hall Centre.

http://etixnow.com/events/the-cask-beer ... ympic-hall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Brewnosers will be setting up a table at this event, if you are keen to volunteer, let me know. It will involve pouring beers, talking homebrewing, and having fun with your fellow members. We have enough people that you can rotate on and off the table, so you won't go thirsty during the event.

Because of this, and in general how awesome we are, we've been offered some discounted tickets. Instead of the $33 early-bird price, we can purchase them for $25. To get that price, select how many tickets you'd like, then "BUY NOW!". On the next screen enter "Brewnosers" in the promo code spot. There's a limit of 50 of these, so grab them now!

MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mitchell Kehoe

Re: Cask Beer Throwdown - Sept 24 - Discount Tix and Volunte

Post by MitchK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:50 pm

if you volunteer do you still have to buy a ticket?

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Post by mumblecrunch » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Chris can say for sure, but for the past two events, anyway, volunteering meant no ticket needed. I would hope that's the case for this one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Gregory
Award Winner 8
Award Winner 8
Name: Tim

Post by Tim Gregory » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm volunteering in the evening but bought a ticket for the afternoon.

chalmers

Post by chalmers » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:01 pm

MitchK wrote:if you volunteer do you still have to buy a ticket?
No entrance ticket required to volunteer. As this is a "beer token per sample" type of arrangement, volunteers will receive the same entry package that a member of the paying public would receive. Expectations are that you work with your fellow volunteers to trade off between working the booth, and having a look (and drink) around the event. As mumble and Tim may attest, it's a great time, folks are keen to hear that there's a homebrew club, learn more about BYOing, and even check out our non-alc products. I am not 100% sure if we'll be pouring beer like we did at Seaport, will get back to you on that.

If folks are interested in volunteering, EMAIL is best. Click the link on the right.

MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mitchell Kehoe

Post by MitchK » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:07 pm

email sent

Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:18 pm

I've ordered our tickets for this. Looking forward to it.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Post by mumblecrunch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 am

chalmers wrote:As mumble and Tim may attest, it's a great time, folks are keen to hear that there's a homebrew club, learn more about BYOing, and even check out our non-alc products.
It's definitely a good time; sometimes I think I have more fun volunteering than simply attending. We get way more traffic for non-alcoholic offerings as the event goes on, especially if the event doesn't have water available. And I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of people who want to talk homebrew. I've met and talked at length with Brewnosers I didn't know, homebrewers who aren't Brewnosers, and quite a few people who are just intrigued by the possibility of making good beer at home. Pouring at the last event was also a blast and I got to tap a cask, which isn't something I'd have expected to get to do otherwise. Highly recommend trying it at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyOK
Verified User
Verified User

Post by BobbyOK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:59 am

Good to see you added the key word COMMERCIAL to the description Chris. ;-)

chalmers

Post by chalmers » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:32 pm

BobbyOK wrote:Good to see you added the key word COMMERCIAL to the description Chris. ;-)
I did indeed. Though I wasn't around for the Brewnosers ones, I've heard plenty of stories to know that they were quite the time, and are definitely worthy of the actual First moniker.

chalmers

Post by chalmers » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:44 pm

A reminder that the event is this Saturday! There look to still be some discounted tickets available, and we've got room for another volunteer or two. Check the first post for info, and EMAIL me by Wed if you'd like to volunteer.

Return to “Events”