Page 1 of 1

Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am
by AndyBurgs
Hey Folks,

Tito and I just completed our first brew day last weekend and can't wait to get our second on the go!

We somewhat jumped into it with some throw together equipment and are now looking to expand to make the day run smoother and more efficient. Wondering if any of you fellow beer lovers have some old equipment they'd be willing to part with?

We have a list of things we are looking to somewhat have for our next brew (hopefully before our first finishes fermenting);

- Carboy w/ bung and airlock (most important to have a second brew)
- Mashtun
- Kettle
- Wort Chiller
- Thermometer

Possible a few other things to throw into the mix. These item do not necessarily need to be assembled or can be just little things that can be used for a DIY build; anything will be helpful.

Anyway, let me know if anyone can help out! Thanks a lot for all the help on here, the first run definitely wouldn't have been as successful without some of your knowledge and advice.

Cheers,
Andrew & Tito

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:00 pm
by Celiacbrew
I have some carboys. How many are you looking for?

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:02 pm
by AndyBurgs
What are you willing to sell it for?

Also, are these regular 23L?

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 pm
by Celiacbrew
They are either 6 or 6.5 gallon. Not sure which. I think most of them are 6.5 though. For the price I’m not sure. Whatever is a fair price I would guess. On kijiji they seem to go for $20 a piece but that seems like too much to me. How about $10 each. I probably have an old bing I can throw in. For the airlock you will want to buy that new since you can’t boil it to clean it.

For the mash tun you could definitely buy one from someone on here or I can walk you through making a cooler mashtun. It’s much easier than it sounds and doesn’t cost that much. You buy a cheap 48 quart cooler from Walmart and unscrew the spigot. Then you add a kit that the HomeBrewTalk stores sell. Total cost is about 50$.

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 pm
by jimboh
An old crooner to give away??

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:46 pm
by Celiacbrew
Yeah he eats too much to keep around regardless of how much I like his singing.

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:52 pm
by AndyBurgs
Ill definitely take you up on the $10 carboy offer

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm
by LiverDance
I have a complete brewing system that includes mash tun, 2 kettles, wired in pump, chiller, and super sturdy metal stand c/w burners for $500. It's perfect for doing double batches as that's what we used it for, my friend has since got out of brewing so i only do single batches now. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you some pictures.

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm
by GAM
You have friends?

S

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:36 am
by LiverDance
GAM wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm
You have friends?

S
I did :lol:

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:07 am
by Brenden
LiverDance wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm
I have a complete brewing system that includes mash tun, 2 kettles, wired in pump, chiller, and super sturdy metal stand c/w burners for $500. It's perfect for doing double batches as that's what we used it for, my friend has since got out of brewing so i only do single batches now. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you some pictures.
Very Interested in this! I sent you a message. Definitely would like to see some pictures.

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 am
by Keggermeister
I have a sankey system I would part with. 3 kegs, false bottoms of the kettle and tun, ball valves... make me an offer. Image

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk