Sold: 30 Amp Control panel for Electric HERMS system

Items for sale/trade
Bitterman
Name: Gerald

Sold: 30 Amp Control panel for Electric HERMS system

Post by Bitterman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Brand new 30 Amp control panel for an electric HERMS brewing system. This panel is designed to power one 5500 watt element ( up to 20 gallon kettle) and two 120v AC pumps at the same time with precise PID controllers using PT100 RTD probes for temperature feedback.
Unlike other panels of similar design this unit has a built in 30 Amp class A GFCI main breaker so there is no need to modify your home panel for ground fault protection. Just plug it into a 30Amp/240 V receptacle such as a dryer outlet and you’re good to go.
Some features of the panel are:
• Branch circuit protection (circuit breakers) for each circuit
• Emergency stop circuit to disable all output power if there is a problem with the brew system yet the control power will stay on
• Master key switch with two removable keys that disables the entire panel to prevent unwanted operation by curious little fingers
• PID control of HERMS/Mash system for accurate, repeatable Mash profiles
• PID control of Kettle that allows precise temperature control for things like Hop Stands in your recipe
• 40 Amp 2 pole contactors operated by selector switch that fully disconnect element power to eliminate SSR leakage current and prevent accidental operation of both elements at once
• Adjustable alarm points on each PID unit to warn you when temps are getting close to target
• Programmable timer with alarm and Start/Stop switch to keep track of brewing cycles
• Input and output power connectors are all twist lock type to prevent unwanted disconnects
• RTD connection through removable XLR plugs
• Power meter that displays voltage, current, power and power consumption (re-settable) so you can keep track of your total cost of brewing
• Industrial grade Lamaquoid labels on all components that won’t wash off, fade or run.
This panel comes with three PT100 RTD ½”NPT temperature probes with 10 foot cables that have quick disconnect ends AND two 10 foot pump extension cords with twist lock plugs to fit the panel.
Price: $2050.00 – Similar panels without the GFCI, RTD probes, and Pump cords sell for over $3000. If you are interested email me at gepeters58@gmail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bitterman on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Relax, don't worry, have a Homebrew" :cheers3:

On Tap:
Smoked Chocolate Porter
English Pale Ale
German Pilsner

In the Cupboard:
Dunkels Bock

Up Next:
Canadian Ale

mckay75
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Mark

Re: For Sale: 30 Amp Control panel for Electric HERMS system

Post by mckay75 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Oh man would I ever love to have this...if only I had some extra $$$ kicking around right now.

Hub Brewer
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Pete

Post by Hub Brewer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm

mckay75 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:51 pm
Oh man would I ever love to have this...if only I had some extra $$$ kicking around right now.
Do it!! :banana:

Bitterman
Name: Gerald

Post by Bitterman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Just brewed a batch of Pale Ale with this system and hit 94.5% mash efficiency and 81.8% Brewhouse efficiency.

It really works! :cheers:
"Relax, don't worry, have a Homebrew" :cheers3:

On Tap:
Smoked Chocolate Porter
English Pale Ale
German Pilsner

In the Cupboard:
Dunkels Bock

Up Next:
Canadian Ale

bluenose
Verified User
Verified User

Post by bluenose » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:34 am

I've already cobbled the parts together, how much for you to assemble them into a panel?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Return to “Classifieds”