Keg fridge repair

Items for sale/trade
andnan
Name: Andrew

Keg fridge repair

Post by andnan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 am

Hell all,

I've acquired a non-working keg fridge and I'm a handy guy. I've checked the relay, the temperature dial switch, and the compressor. All seem fine. The final thing is a refrigerant leak. If it as a leak, I can find it with the right tools. Does anyone know if you can rent tools to do a purge (vacuum pump, gauge) and refill or the number of a guy who could find and repair the leak? The commercial guys want about $100 just to ring the door bell.

D.Pepper
Verified User
Verified User
Name: David Pepper

Re: Keg fridge repair

Post by D.Pepper » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:39 am

Canadian tire sells a refrigerant recharge kit with gauges in their automotive section that I've used to bring a few fridges back from the dead. I think it's about 60 bucks and sold under the RED TEK line.

the-mailman
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Bruce Mailman

Re: Keg fridge repair

Post by the-mailman » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 am

Not that I know much about this stuff, but you'll need to know what kind of refrigerant the fridge uses. Several kinds were developed to replace freon, which is bad for the ozone layer. If it uses freon it might not be repairable. I don't think you can use a freon replacement in a freon system.
Currently on tap:
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner

In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty

Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime. :)

Return to “Classifieds”