Page 1 of 1

Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 pm
by Cobalt
So, as the subject line says, I finally found the piece to make the magic work.

Had to buy them in a bag of 25, only need 5 for myself. So of the remaining 20, Im offering them up for sale here if people want some.

$2.00 individually, or 3 for $5.00

Some info about these inserts, they are 1" long, so plenty of room if you have a longer threaded end. Easy to use, drill your hole, and screw these in with an allen key. Fit perfectly on my perlicks :)

I have some plans to make my own with leftover hardwoods from renovations, so if anyone has a lathe, PM me and we can work something out :)

*Edit*
Ill go with only 4 for myself, so if the last person wants 3 they can
Sold 15 of 21 -6 Remaining - or 2 bundles of 3 left
LiverDance, TimG (yes ill be "around" lol), Tim Gregory, CorneliusAlphonse, GAM are the lucky winners so far.

I will be going to whatever gets decided for the August 3rd brewnosers event, and will be dishing these out then. If you want them sooner of whatever works best for you, you can PM me or call/text anytime (440-0517) and we can arrange a time to meet. It may be possible for me to drop off during the day, work is random for me, I never know where ill be (within HRM however) so that may be an option for some.

jtmwhyte, ill pm you.

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:35 pm
by LiverDance
I'll take three off your hands :cheers:

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:38 pm
by TimG
If you're around on the Aug 2-4 weekend I'll take 3 as well. If not, no worries.

Tim

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:25 pm
by jtmwhyte
I'd actually be interested in finding a bag of 25 of my own to mess around with. Where did you get them?

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:26 pm
by Tim Gregory
I'll take 3.

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:21 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
ha, ill take three, why not.

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 pm
by Cobalt
So since 3/4 may be able to come to the August 3rd get together, Im going to aim for that to get everyone these. Liverdance, your not far from me, we can get together anytime :)

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:24 pm
by GAM
I'll take 3.

Sandy

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 am
by Cobalt
This is a test handle i made from a 2x6 ripped to 1 1/2 square and got fancy with a 1/2" roundover. Will be making some nicer ones from Maple, Birch, ect.

Just to give the rest of you whats possible :)
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

Re: Make Your Own Tap Handles

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:36 pm
by Cobalt
Update, Check out my post in the DIY section :)