STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
-
jason.loxton
- Verified User

- Posts: 972
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm
- Name: Jason Loxton
- Location: sydney ns
STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Realized after I wired up my controller and spent a while scratching my head over why it would turn on, but not engage the freezer/heater, that I clicked the wrong model when I ordered. Unless there's a magic way of converting this thing for under $20, I have no use for it, and someone is welcome to it. I am in Cape Breton, but people come up and down. It's yours if you can think of a use for it.
- LiverDance
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 4014
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
- Name: Brian
- Location: Sprybeeria
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
I think the STC 1000 is the same model we all use? Same as seen here:
https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... -stc-1000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are wired for both heating and cooling is that the issue?
https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... -stc-1000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are wired for both heating and cooling is that the issue?
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.
- CorneliusAlphonse
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2988
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
I think his issue is that he accidentally bought the 220v one, not the 110v.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
-
jason.loxton
- Verified User

- Posts: 972
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm
- Name: Jason Loxton
- Location: sydney ns
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Yup. 220 v is the problem.
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
I made the same mistake but there is a work around. There is an internal transformer/rectifier that converts the 220Vac to 12Vdc. I got a 12Vdc power supply (easy to find, I can give you one for free next time you're in halifax), removed the transformer, cut the trace for the rectifier diodes and wired the 12V supply in directly. All for the low cost of free. Mine is in a metal box now and I don't really want to take it apart, but if you take photos of the top and bottom of the PCB I can guide you on how to do the mod.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
I'd love to see this as I made the same mistake a few months back
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Take a photo of the top and bottom of the PCB and send it to me so I can explain!
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests