Page 1 of 1
STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 am
by jason.loxton
Realized after I wired up my controller and spent a while scratching my head over why it would turn on, but not engage the freezer/heater, that I clicked the wrong model when I ordered. Unless there's a magic way of converting this thing for under $20, I have no use for it, and someone is welcome to it. I am in Cape Breton, but people come up and down. It's yours if you can think of a use for it.
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 am
by LiverDance
I think the STC 1000 is the same model we all use? Same as seen here:
https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... -stc-1000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are wired for both heating and cooling is that the issue?
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 am
by CorneliusAlphonse
I think his issue is that he accidentally bought the 220v one, not the 110v.
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 am
by jason.loxton
Yup. 220 v is the problem.
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:12 pm
by Jayme
I made the same mistake but there is a work around. There is an internal transformer/rectifier that converts the 220Vac to 12Vdc. I got a 12Vdc power supply (easy to find, I can give you one for free next time you're in halifax), removed the transformer, cut the trace for the rectifier diodes and wired the 12V supply in directly. All for the low cost of free. Mine is in a metal box now and I don't really want to take it apart, but if you take photos of the top and bottom of the PCB I can guide you on how to do the mod.
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm
by jtmwhyte
I'd love to see this as I made the same mistake a few months back
Re: STC 1000 temp controller--220 V--FREE
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 pm
by Jayme
Take a photo of the top and bottom of the PCB and send it to me so I can explain!