Page 1 of 1
Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 am
by canuck
I am hoping to purchase this unit, assuming that it checks out in working condition, etc. If by chance that I can work out a deal with the seller, would anyone in the Dartmouth area be willing to take a look at it for me to make sure that it works and it's not beat to shit? I can EMT the funds for payment for it if it all works out.
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z526453187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 am
by mr x
That seems high for a used a/c unit. Doesn't sound much different than the haier's they sell at future shop...
http://m.futureshop.ca/defaultpage.aspx ... lang=en-CA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 am
by GuingesRock
It is high. I have two of those AC/dehumidifier free standing ones that I'm not using any more at the office. They are high end Sears ones and only used for a year if I remember right. Also They are the type with one hose that goes to the window or through the wall. Those are much less efficient than a window AC or the 2 hose free standing ones, as they work by sucking air into the room and blowing it out of the window. That circuit carries the heat away but unfortunately pulls warm air into the room at the same time. The other (internal) air circuit circulates cold air from the compressor around the room.
I can give you a better deal, maybe $200 or two for $300 pick up only, but they are in Wolfville and bloody heavy things, and I don't know where the window brackets are as I had the pipe going through the wall.
You might easily be able to find one on sale at this time of year. Might find them on sale at Future Shop, Sears store on the floor, CT, Home depot etc. Most of them are the one hose type, but you might find a two hose one.
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 am
by mr x
I have an 8000 haeir I was thinking of selling as well. Whatever you buy, remember this; if the unit has been laid on it's side, leave it upright for 24 hours before running the compressor.
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 am
by canuck
I never thought of looking at Future Shop. All of the ones that I've seen at Kent's, Home Depot, Sears, etc are $600 or so. This one certainly makes more sense than a used one for $300. You mentioned you have a 8000 haeir........how much were you looking for it?
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:00 am
by mr x
Let me check the receipt. Probably $175. New this summer and lightly used.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:11 am
by bluenose
Simpson's in Trenton, Pictou and River John get the ones Sears can't sell... I got a floor model One there for less than $200
Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk 4
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 am
by mr x
I paid $285, so I was thinking $175 wasn't unreasonable.
Re: Heater / AC Unit
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:48 am
by bluenose
mr x wrote:I paid $285, so I was thinking $175 wasn't unreasonable.
no doubt, I was just giving options... mine might have been a smaller unit than yours
(no penis jokes required)
