Advent # 23 Muddy River - Nut Brown

jmacdonald
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jeff

Re: Advent # 23 Muddy River - Nut Brown

Post by jmacdonald » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:39 pm

CartoonCod wrote:Mine taste and smells like apple cider and is over carbonated. It's hard to pick out the malt character. This bottle is infected.
Mine had lots of carbonation as well. I am no expert on flavours, but there was something off about the taste as well.

SFR709
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Scott

Post by SFR709 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:08 am

Hey Keith, I brought some of the batch of this that I made to a party last night, and everybody was really impressed by it. I only finished carbing it yesterday morning so I suspect it will just get better over the next week, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:10 am

SFR709 wrote:Hey Keith, I brought some of the batch of this that I made to a party last night, and everybody was really impressed by it. I only finished carbing it yesterday morning so I suspect it will just get better over the next week, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Awesome glad it was a success!
Also try the recipe with about 1oz of whole coffee beans in the fermenter for about 5 days. Takes the beer to the next level.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

SFR709
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Scott

Post by SFR709 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:58 am

Awesome I'll give that a try next time around. I was thinking of adding maple syrup to the chilled keg, but I tried a few 100ml samples with different amounts of syrup and couldn't strike the balance I was looking for. I few people talk about using fenugreek in place of maple syrup, that might be an experiment for another day.

Return to “11. English Brown Ale”