Homebrew Friendly Wedding Venues

Talk anything non-beer related
dylanmacd
Name: Dylan MacDonald

Homebrew Friendly Wedding Venues

Post by dylanmacd » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Hey Folks,

I'm recently engaged and looking at venues for fall 2018.
Ideally we'd like to find a place that can hold ~150, nice view and allows us to serve home-brewed beer and wine.

Has anybody here had luck finding venues like this for less than $3k in NS?

Thanks for any input,
Dylan

Becky
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Homebrew Friendly Wedding Venues

Post by Becky » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:09 am

I'm not sure about the view or how many people it can accommodate, but Hatfield Farms is a "bring your own booze" venue, a co-worked just got married there, but they do have a "no glass bottles" policy.

dylanmacd
Name: Dylan MacDonald

Post by dylanmacd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks Becky,

We've been to a wedding there a few years ago.
It's definitely a good option, but the looks are a bit too rustic for our taste.

IanWatson
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ian Watson

Post by IanWatson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:43 am

From what I remember from my wedding, you can't legally serve homebrew at a large wedding in NS. You need a special event liquor license for a wedding, and they're VERY explicit on the application form about "no homebrew". Not to say anyone is going to check, but I don't think any venue will be officially "homebrew friendly".

I ended up getting married at The Captain's House in Chester. It was about $1000 more than your budget and I'm not sure you could go as big as 150 (we were 100). We served NS wine, liquor purchased from the NSLC, and a few 24s of purchased beer. We mayyyyy have also had some kegs of malted water.

ackes
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Mike

Post by ackes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 pm

I've been to a wedding @ Ocean Stone - down Peggy's Cove Rd -where it was BYOB - it's changed ownership since then. But could always check there.
It's a really nice venue.
Kegged: House honey wheat, Honey Brown ale.
Fermenting: West Coast IPA
On deck: Mad Elf Clone to age until Winter
In the hole:: NEIPA / Honey Wheat./ Sour season !
Kegged and aging:: RIS

Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Jayme

Post by Jayme » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:52 pm

IanWatson wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:43 am
From what I remember from my wedding, you can't legally serve homebrew at a large wedding in NS. You need a special event liquor license for a wedding, and they're VERY explicit on the application form about "no homebrew". Not to say anyone is going to check, but I don't think any venue will be officially "homebrew friendly".

I ended up getting married at The Captain's House in Chester. It was about $1000 more than your budget and I'm not sure you could go as big as 150 (we were 100). We served NS wine, liquor purchased from the NSLC, and a few 24s of purchased beer. We mayyyyy have also had some kegs of malted water.
I got married last summer and used my parent's yard as a venue. I talked to NSLC about serving homebrew - no liquor lisence was required at the time, as long as we were not selling the beer (no dontation jar either). I think the biggest issue you'll find at most venues, is they will want to sell/profit from any liquor served.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

Return to “Off Topic”