NFL Fantasy Football

Talk anything non-beer related
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

NFL Fantasy Football

Post by LiverDance » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 am

Anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league? I was thinking 12 teams and doing an autodraft through yahoo, depending on interest. Chalmers and I are up for, who else want in?
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Name: Mark

Re: NFL Fantasy Football

Post by GuingesRock » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am

What does it involve? How do you play? Any football knowledge required?

Sounds like it might be fun.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 am

GuingesRock wrote:What does it involve? How do you play? Any football knowledge required?

Sounds like it might be fun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

this will explain a bit
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+

Post by GuingesRock » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:19 am

-Mark

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:11 pm

GuingesRock wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_fo ... (American) (this link works a bit better)
You think you can handle it :rocky: it's a great way to start to get into football.

GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+

Post by GuingesRock » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 pm

LiverDance wrote:
GuingesRock wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_fo ... (American) (this link works a bit better)
You think you can handle it :rocky: it's a great way to start to get into football.
I don’t think I can handle it. I think I’d have to know a little bit about football. I was hoping I could just put my name in, and Yahoo might take over, and I would win a keg of beer. As you can see I’m a bit too simple for that game.

Anyways, my brewing mania has me by the throat lately, and my family are constantly clamoring for attention, so I shouldn’t take on something else, but it does look like a lot of fun that I’d be missing out on.
-Mark

Cheesehead
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Greg

Post by Cheesehead » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:52 pm

I'd be up for doing an online one if it's not too late (season kicks off tomorrow). As you can guess, I'm a little biased towards the guys from Titletown. What can I say, I'm an owner....
Tap #1: Vic Park Clone
Tap #2: BBB Substance Clone
Fermenting:

hogie
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Hogie

Post by hogie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm in. I've played for a few years now. The draft is the best part of fantasy football but it's tough to organize on this short notice. Took a few hours on Saturday to do a 10-team, 16-round draft. So auto-draft would be ok in this case.

I'm actually in Baltimore for the week with my brother. Unfortunately the Orioles were scheduled to play tomorrow night so the Ravens are in Denver for the opening game. We'll be at the big fan rally down on the waterfront before the game. Also, we'll be at MNF Redskins vs. Eagles in DC! :cheers2:

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Nice trip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

bluenose
Verified User
Verified User

Post by bluenose » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:26 pm

yup, we should act fast tho... never set one up myself however
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 am

Alright, I've go the league setup now I just need you guys to sent me your email address so I can sent the invite. I'll also send out a mass email to see if we can get 12, we can start the league in week 2, if we did it that way we could online draft some point over the next week. This way when I set up the season we each play each other once and 6 teams make the playoffs.
Last edited by LiverDance on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

hogie
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hogie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 am

Sounds great! PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - new and degraded

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:36 am

I'm in, signed up.

Gavin
Verified User
Verified User
Name: G-Rock

Post by Gavin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:08 am

i'm right interested in this. are there any stakes?
Evil will always triumph because good is stupid

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 am

Gavin wrote:i'm right interested in this. are there any stakes?

I'm always up for stakes! What are you thinking?

bluenose
Verified User
Verified User

Post by bluenose » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:38 am

LiverDance wrote:
Gavin wrote:i'm right interested in this. are there any stakes?

I'm always up for stakes! What are you thinking?
Why BEER of course! :spilly:

hogie
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hogie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 am

Hmm. Everyone contributes a bottle of equal value, say $20. Then the top 3 teams split 'em up proportionally?

Want to do total points rather than head-to-head with playoffs?

gm-
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jon S

Post by gm- » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

I am afraid that my knowledge and interest in American football is 0, but if anybody is following the english premier league, I have a team in this fantasy football http://fantasy.premierleague.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and would be up for a league (no thread hijacking intended).

Fermenting: Oud bruin/Vienna Pekko SMaSH
On tap: Nelson dry hopped Berliner/ Scottish Heavy 70-/ NE IPA

bluenose
Verified User
Verified User

Post by bluenose » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:40 pm

hogie wrote:Hmm. Everyone contributes a bottle of equal value, say $20. Then the top 3 teams split 'em up proportionally?

Want to do total points rather than head-to-head with playoffs?
I don't think you can buy a $20 beer in New Glasgow... I'd have to buy 3 or 4

If I won, I'd be happy with some of y'all's home brew, like a dozen from each of ya, haha :spilly:

callmeishmael
Verified User
Verified User

Post by callmeishmael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm interested, but I live in NB so getting the prizes to the winners might be tough. Sent a PM, hopefully there's still room...
LiverDance wrote:Anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league? I was thinking 12 teams and doing an autodraft through yahoo, depending on interest. Chalmers and I are up for, who else want in?

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 am

There's enough folks who go back and forth across the Maritimes that we don't usually have to wait too long to make deliveries. :)

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:04 am

We are half filled :cheers2: soon we will be fully loaded :spilly: Sign up today.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Now we have 8 signed up, only need 2 to 4 more to complete the league :cheers: :welcome: :mebeer:

jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Name: Justin

Post by jacinthebox » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am

I'll play...

I just don't want to win the Sacko lol (fans of "The League" will get that).
Brathair Brewing

Brew Hard...Stay Humble

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 am

jacinthebox wrote:I'll play...

I just don't want to win the Sacko lol (fans of "The League" will get that).

Everyone want's a piece of the Shiva!!

Return to “Off Topic”