What's On At The Movies

Talk anything non-beer related
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Name: Mark

What's On At The Movies

Post by GuingesRock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 am

Went to see American Hustle last night. We thought it was great.

Genre

Drama

Director

David O. Russell

Cast

Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Jennifer Lawrence, Louis C.K., Jack Huston, Michael Peña, Shea Whigham, Alessandro Nivola, Elisabeth Röhm, Paul Herman, Saïd Taghmaoui, Matthew Russell, Adrian Martinez, Anthony Zerbe, Colleen Camp, Dawn Olivieri, Jay Giannone, Jack Jones, Steve Gagliastro, Chris Tarjan, Zachariah Supka, Christy Scott Cashman

Producer

Charles Roven, Richard Suckle, Megan Ellison, Jon Gordon, Matthew Budman, Bradley Cooper, Eric Warren Singer, George Parra, Mark Kamine, Andy Horwitz, Michele M Ziegler

Writer

Eric Warren Singer, David O. Russell

Synopsis

American Hustle tells the story of brilliant con man Irving Rosenfeld (Christian Bale) who, along with his equally cunning and seductive British partner Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams), is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso (Bradley Cooper). DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia that’s as dangerous as it is enchanting. Jeremy Renner is Carmine Polito, the passionate, volatile, New Jersey political operator caught between the con artists and Feds. Irving’s unpredictable wife Rosalyn (Jennifer Lawrence) could be the one to pull the thread that brings the entire world crashing down. Like David O. Russell’s previous films, American Hustle defies genre, hinging on raw emotion and life-and-death stakes.

Awards
•Alan Baumgarten Co-Nominee for the 2013 Critics' Choice Award for Best Editing
•Alessandro Nivola Co-Nominee for the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
•Amy Adams Co-Nominee for the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
•Amy Adams Nominee for the 2013 BAFTA Award for Actress In a Leading Role
•Amy Adams Nominee for the 2013 Critics' Choice Award for Best Actress in a Comedy
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Sandy MacNeil

Re: What's On At The Movies

Post by GAM » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am

I was taken to see the Hobbit/Lord of the Ring thing last week. The next fucking person that tells me you need to read the books to understand the movie gets a punch in the throat.

Too loud, theater was too small (my retina may never be the same)and I still don't understand what was going on.

Sandy

GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Name: Mark

Post by GuingesRock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:36 am

We took our 4 year old to the now Cineplex in New Minas, to see a dinosaur movie last weekend. We had to leave after 5 mins and get our money back. It was so loud our bodies were rattling in our chairs and he couldn’t take it. Is it a Cineplex thing? The movie last night was ok.

I stayed clear of he Hobbit.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

bluenose
Verified User
Verified User

Post by bluenose » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:41 pm

We went to see Wolf of Wall Street on Saturday and the sound seemed to drop out completely several times

I think they turn the sound up to drown out problems with the soundtrack or equipment. The industry has moved away from employing fulltime projectionists in many markets in favour of training their managers to act in dual capacity of manager and projectionist to save money. Many cinemas are now digital and there's no need for a projectionist to splice the reels together anymore. The result is people are now trained to press the play button, check focus and walk away to go sell popcorn.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

becik
Name: Piotr

Post by becik » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:35 am

I very like especially historcal movie, now in Poland start play a "Fury" with Brad Pitt. So I want to go on.

I dont know how it with polish film in Canada, but I want recomended a very good film about Warsaw uprising - "Miasto 44" (city 44)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr2xzv4k5v4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

becik

Post by becik » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:55 am

Again great film from polish history, very controversive and brutal - "Wołyń". Premiere was 07.10, on Ukraine stopped premiere.

Film is about Wołyń (Volhynia) slaughter, fact during communist years nobody speaking, in last years to nobody speaking because it can be damage polish-ukrainian partnership
I think that in Canada it is unknown part of history, is in short film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vLh0PaqfIE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
More history on:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres ... rn_Galicia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WetxiRlkek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In Poland this film make a nr 1 of box office in cinemas, win with another popular hollywod production

becik

Post by becik » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:56 am

for me very good danish film based on the true events "The Shadow In My Eye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4jVysnRisI

Return to “Off Topic”