New Ownership at Premier

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Keith » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Sandy if you haven't tried the HB Dark Cream ale, you are in for a treat. I wish I would of picked up 2 of those when I was in. :cheers2:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
akr71
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 2644
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 pm
Name: Andy
Location: Amherst, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by akr71 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

jonathanwil wrote:...All we are asking for is a chance to prove ourselves, and enough time to make some positive change. I will put my and my team's passion up against anyone's, not just for the products we source/sell, but when it comes to pleasing our customers as well...
jonathanwil wrote:...We've got staff at Premier that have been dying to get more involved with the beer selection and sourcing in order to satisfy their customers, and have the knowledge base more than handled. We will work with current suppliers and continue to source new selections to on the cutting edge. Furthermore, we would love feedback on what else we should stock that we aren't currently from you, the beer lovers. No promises can be made as far as guaranteeing suppliers, but I can I promise we will try. Crowd-sourced beer does have a cool ring to it. We will be working with Gord and the suppliers he will represent to continue to bring great products in, especially from here in Canada...
My in-laws were returning from HRM today and asked if they could pick me up something from Premier. I said anything, but some kind of West Coast Style IPA would be preferred. They came back empty handed because the clerk at the cash could not find "West Coast" IPA on the shelves or listed in the computer :o . She even went to ask a co-worker who responded that they had not heard of that particular beer.

I'll take full responsibility for not giving my in-laws a specific list, but I would say you have your work cut out for you Johnathon. Your staff may be enthusiastic, but they really dropped the ball here. Not even pointing out any IPA as an alternative... Pretty poor customer service in my opinion.
Andy
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson

jonathanwil
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:59 pm
Name: Jonathan Wilson

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by jonathanwil » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Fair enough, and I apologize that they couldn't find a west coast IPA for you. We are working hard to train some
Of the staff who are more wine/spirit saavy to be more into the beer side of things. We demand high levels of knowledge from our employees, but it also takes time to train them. Trying to find part-time employees knowledgeable about all types Of beer, wine and spirits is tough, but give me time , and it will happen.

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by LiverDance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:43 am

We were in on the weekend and the female staff member who was there talking to us was very good to deal with
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5568
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by chalmers » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Yup! She admitted she was still learning, and that many beers were on their way (held up in customs), but stock should be coming in soon. We also suggested that the bare left wall would be great for more fridges (please!).

For some reason ;) , she wouldn't crack open the Rare Bird Pumpkin beer so that she (and we) could try it. Wanted to try it out before dropping $8.75 on a bottle.

User avatar
akr71
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 2644
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 pm
Name: Andy
Location: Amherst, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by akr71 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:16 pm

jonathanwil wrote:Fair enough, and I apologize that they couldn't find a west coast IPA for you. We are working hard to train some
Of the staff who are more wine/spirit saavy to be more into the beer side of things. We demand high levels of knowledge from our employees, but it also takes time to train them. Trying to find part-time employees knowledgeable about all types Of beer, wine and spirits is tough, but give me time , and it will happen.
Don't worry, you haven't lost me as a customer. Just thought I should let you know what happened. Mostly, I was baffled that they weren't shown to the IPAs.
Andy
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson

User avatar
mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner
Posts: 13764
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Halifax/New Glasgow

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by mr x » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 am

chalmers wrote:For some reason ;) , she wouldn't crack open the Rare Bird Pumpkin beer so that she (and we) could try it. Wanted to try it out before dropping $8.75 on a bottle.
Do you do anything in regards to breweries providing you with beer with QC problems? Any policies regarding customer returns, as opposed to the customer pouring the beer down the drain and eating the cost of a bad beer? As has been the instance lately with Rare Bird beers.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Keith » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 am

It's all their good for. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by GuingesRock » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 am

mr x wrote:Do you do anything in regards to breweries providing you with beer with QC problems? Any policies regarding customer returns, as opposed to the customer pouring the beer down the drain and eating the cost of a bad beer? As has been the instance lately with Rare Bird beers.

That's a good question.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

jonathanwil
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:59 pm
Name: Jonathan Wilson

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by jonathanwil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:23 am

akr71 wrote:
jonathanwil wrote:Fair enough, and I apologize that they couldn't find a west coast IPA for you. We are working hard to train some
Of the staff who are more wine/spirit saavy to be more into the beer side of things. We demand high levels of knowledge from our employees, but it also takes time to train them. Trying to find part-time employees knowledgeable about all types Of beer, wine and spirits is tough, but give me time , and it will happen.
Don't worry, you haven't lost me as a customer. Just thought I should let you know what happened. Mostly, I was baffled that they weren't shown to the IPAs.
Excellent news! And yes, that is baffling. It will be addressed!

JW

jonathanwil
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:59 pm
Name: Jonathan Wilson

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by jonathanwil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 am

GuingesRock wrote:
mr x wrote:Do you do anything in regards to breweries providing you with beer with QC problems? Any policies regarding customer returns, as opposed to the customer pouring the beer down the drain and eating the cost of a bad beer? As has been the instance lately with Rare Bird beers.
If you happen to purchase a bad one, please bring it back in and we will take care of you. It's one thing to try a new beer that is free of faults and just not like it, we have all encountered that. Live and learn. But if the beer is faulted in any way, we of course will refund it/exchange it immediately.

We don't want our customers wasting money by buying something that they can't enjoy due to faults. We try to stay on top of our suppliers when it comes to quality assurance, but sometimes they can slip by.

JW

User avatar
Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
Name: Jayme
Location: Halifax

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Jayme » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:11 pm

jonathanwil wrote:
GuingesRock wrote:
mr x wrote:Do you do anything in regards to breweries providing you with beer with QC problems? Any policies regarding customer returns, as opposed to the customer pouring the beer down the drain and eating the cost of a bad beer? As has been the instance lately with Rare Bird beers.
If you happen to purchase a bad one, please bring it back in and we will take care of you. It's one thing to try a new beer that is free of faults and just not like it, we have all encountered that. Live and learn. But if the beer is faulted in any way, we of course will refund it/exchange it immediately.

We don't want our customers wasting money by buying something that they can't enjoy due to faults. We try to stay on top of our suppliers when it comes to quality assurance, but sometimes they can slip by.

JW
Good man - I like to hear that.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

User avatar
CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 2981
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Name: Liam

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Was in today, stock is looking better. They have 4 packs of unibroue for 8.99 in the cooler which I like, especially since the sleemens cold beer store is gone n doesn't sell em anymore.
Conditioning: og 1.120 american barleywine w/ brett, funky belgian cider, BCS Flanders Red, Orval clone, simple lambic catastrophe
Kegged: barrel barleywine

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Keith » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Was in tonight, selection was starting to pick up. Definitely left satisfied and found a few I never tried before. :cheers2:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

HPhunter
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Annapolis Valley Somerset

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by HPhunter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:18 am

See any BAB?





Ooooooopssss.
Hopefullly you wont get any bad ones from us!
"Home of the Shockerrrrrr!"

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Keith » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:43 am

I didn't see anything on the shelves yet. She said they had a bunch of new stuff at the warehouse however. :cheers2:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5188
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by GAM » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:40 am

HPhunter wrote:See any BAB?

Ooooooopssss.
Hopefullly you wont get any bad ones from us!
I'm sure you'll hear about it if we do.

Had the RIS last night. We will do up a review and post it.

Sandy

HPhunter
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Annapolis Valley Somerset

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by HPhunter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 pm

None of ours is there yet. I'm out of RIS for now. Put all of the last batch in barrels!
"Home of the Shockerrrrrr!"

User avatar
Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
Name: Jayme
Location: Halifax

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Jayme » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Did you sort out the issue you were having to be able to sell the barrel version?
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

User avatar
NASH
CBA Award Winner
CBA Award Winner
Posts: 4085
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 pm
Name: Nash
Location: Halifax, NS
Contact:

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by NASH » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Jayme wrote:Did you sort out the issue you were having to be able to sell the barrel version?
There are no issues selling bbl aged brews. ABV testing needs to be done to ensure they're not above 11.9%, if they are they get blended down. That or the brewery also gets a distillers license :cheers2:

Transmitted from the Hop-phone.

User avatar
Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
Name: Jayme
Location: Halifax

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Jayme » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Yeah I meant the ABV issue. Blending down makes sense though. Stupid rules.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5568
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by chalmers » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Visited Premier today, and there was a decent amount of replacement beers back in stock. Their website is not reliable for availability, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

User avatar
Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
Name: Jayme
Location: Halifax

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Jayme » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:00 am

Any offerings that weren't there before?
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5568
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by chalmers » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Not that I remember, but DDC! Moralité was there, and Duchesse du Bourgogne was back. Trois Mousquetaires stuff was there too.

User avatar
Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
Name: Jayme
Location: Halifax

Re: New Ownership at Premier

Post by Jayme » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:27 pm

I think Moralité is new to Premier (or at least I have not been aware of them having it before). Thanks for the update!
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

Post Reply

Return to “Rockhead (Formerly Premier Wine & Spirits)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest