The Brewnosers Twitter Account

A spot to talk website specific issues
chalmers
Name: Chris

The Brewnosers Twitter Account

Post by chalmers » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 pm

There was some talk tonight about an easy and effective way to share Brewnosers events, news, etc with members, and other interested parties, but without having to visit the forums, so I made a twitter account: @thebrewnosers. People don't need another account to follow full of excess stuff and retweets, so my thought was to keep it pared down to BN announcements (highlighting important threads, weekly/monthly events, etc).
The time and effort to retweet all of the cool beers as they are released in our region is a bit much than I want to get into, plus there are a few local Beer Dudes and Ladies who do a good job of that already.

I'm absolutely open to suggestions. Please note, just because I created the account, doesn't mean I need to be the one running it. If there's someone keen on keeping up with things, I'm happy to share or pass along the reigns.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Re: The Brewnosers Twitter Account

Post by mr x » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:52 pm

This sounds like the resurrection of the mail list.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Name: Rob

Post by RubberToe » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:37 am

I follow some of the other clubs on twitter, as well as other competitors. There's some back and forth between clubs in that landscape which is an interesting use of the platform. It's actually where I first find out about upcoming competitions and it's also cool to see competition organisers post photos and tweet about events in progress.

So I guess it's also a good way of communicating with people outside the club since they won't be checking the site regularly.
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 am

I think it's a good idea - It will help us share things on the forums to a larger crowd. Once @thebrewnosers tweets a topic, event, etc., other twitter followers can re-tweet it and reach users that otherwise may not be on the forum.

Thanks for taking it on, Chris :cheers:

jeffsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jeff Smith

Post by jeffsmith » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 am

Agreed, it's good public exposure and has the potential to introduce the forum to a lot of new folks.

Return to “Site Discussion”