Quick processing and shipping

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Matt

Quick processing and shipping

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 am

I've been getting a lot of questions about our processing/shipping times for orders to NB and NS because of other suppliers taking days to process orders and sometimes weeks for orders to arrive. We are still processing orders quickly and are not experiencing any shipping issues at this time.

Being conveniently located in PEI, right here in the maritimes, our orders are being recieved by our NS and NB customers typically within two days from shipping. Orders going to NFLD typically take around a week. We are still using Canada Post but it doesn't seem like they are experiencing the same delay issues in the maritimes that they are in the bigger provinces and cities. I've shipped hundreds of boxes around the maritimes in the last couple months and have not had any issues.

We are able to fulfill most orders the day they are placed and typically ship out by the next day at the latest. We add a complimentary ice pack to orders containing liquid yeasts (another frequently asked question) and recommend using Xpresspost for shipping these orders to minimize the risk of delays. I also recommend placing orders containing liquid yeasts over the weekend for Monday shipping and ordering no later than Wednesday to make sure it arrives before the weekend (location dependant).

We can also use couriers like FedEx, UPS, Purolator etc. to ship orders (required if over 30kg; contact me for a quote) if preferred but they tend to be more expensive and will require an upfront quote. Just get in touch with me if you are interested in these options.

As always, don't hesitate to reach out by phone or email if you have any questions.

Stay safe everyone!

Cheers,
Matt

McGruff
Name: Chris Storey

Re: Quick processing and shipping

Post by McGruff » Sun May 24, 2020 7:18 am

You seem to have your act together. A different story in Ontario. Took exactly a month to get my order. It wasn't even shipped for 20 days, just sat there and of course they got my money right away.

ConanTroutman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ConanTroutman » Sun May 24, 2020 2:15 pm

McGruff wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:18 am
You seem to have your act together. A different story in Ontario. Took exactly a month to get my order. It wasn't even shipped for 20 days, just sat there and of course they got my money right away.
I would suspect the circumstances aren't quite the same. Order volumes are way up at homebrew shops (and most hobby businesses) right now and working out staffing can be difficult for some shops. Combine that with the fact that many supply chains have broken down considerably so inventory and supplies are either not available, or delayed heavily it can make performing the basic operations of your business very difficult. I would imagine the staff at Toronto Brewing/OBK/wherever it was were likely not sitting around twiddling their thumbs for 20 days. I was skipping breaks and lunches and staying hours after close and still not able to keep up while doing retail at a brewshop so I certainly empathize :lol:

ECH to my knowledge does not have a brick and mortar location and likely has it easier managing their flow of orders than some of the bigger shops that are also in much larger markets. Not knocking them of course, this is an advantage at this time and I think it's a great opportunity to support business like them that are doing well and are a bit closer to home to boot.

McGruff

Post by McGruff » Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 am

I understand the situation. I think they should of shut down temporarily until they get things in order.

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 pm

ConanTroutman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 2:15 pm
I would suspect the circumstances aren't quite the same. Order volumes are way up at homebrew shops (and most hobby businesses) right now and working out staffing can be difficult for some shops. Combine that with the fact that many supply chains have broken down considerably so inventory and supplies are either not available, or delayed heavily it can make performing the basic operations of your business very difficult. I would imagine the staff at Toronto Brewing/OBK/wherever it was were likely not sitting around twiddling their thumbs for 20 days. I was skipping breaks and lunches and staying hours after close and still not able to keep up while doing retail at a brewshop so I certainly empathize :lol:

ECH to my knowledge does not have a brick and mortar location and likely has it easier managing their flow of orders than some of the bigger shops that are also in much larger markets. Not knocking them of course, this is an advantage at this time and I think it's a great opportunity to support business like them that are doing well and are a bit closer to home to boot.
Lots of good points there and yes, things are crazy busy at the moment, with pretty much all homebrew shops from what I hear. We are indeed much smaller than places like OBK (including marketshare). This really does put us at an advantage though here in the Maritimes. As noted, we currently are online only and don't have a storefront/staff to have to contend with and since it is my wife and I running the business, we are able to keep things moving fairly quickly and smoothly. Another big factor is that with our smaller population in the Maritimes, we are also not experiencing the same types of shipping delays as being noted in the larger provinces/cities. Canada Post has been great to get our Maritime packages delivered quickly and even some of the larger orders that we've shipped out by courier such as FedEx Ground (freight) have been picked up and delivered quickly. Hopefully this continues to be the trend!
McGruff wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 am
I understand the situation. I think they should of shut down temporarily until they get things in order.
Shutting down may not be the best solution or even an option for them (they may need to remain open just to keep the business alive) but at the very least they should be advertising that they are operating with these types of delays. There is a big difference between saying "expect delays" and taking 20 days to get something shipped out. Operating with customers in the dark like that is just going to upset people. I'd be upset myself if I had to wait a month for an order...

OntarioBeerkegs
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Patrick Walker

Post by OntarioBeerkegs » Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Please excuse me for posting on this thread. I know it is in very bad taste to post or hijack a thread discussing or about different vendors.

I just want to clarify that OBK has not exceeded 2 days to fill paid orders at anytime during these unfortunate times. Our average is still one or less business days to ship. Yes we are experiencing carrier delays from Canada Post, the rest not so much.

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Wed May 27, 2020 6:29 pm

OntarioBeerkegs wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 pm
Please excuse me for posting on this thread. I know it is in very bad taste to post or hijack a thread discussing or about different vendors.

I just want to clarify that OBK has not exceeded 2 days to fill paid orders at anytime during these unfortunate times. Our average is still one or less business days to ship. Yes we are experiencing carrier delays from Canada Post, the rest not so much.
Hey Patrick,

No worries at all, I would want to clarify myself if roles were reversed! It was indeed a different vendor (noted in a different thread), not OBK, where the long processing time that was experienced by the earlier poster took place. I haven't seen or heard anyone complain about processing times from you guys.

Cheers,
Matt

McGruff

Post by McGruff » Thu May 28, 2020 7:44 am

No complaints from OBK. They communicate often to let people know what is going on, now that is a big plus.

TheBucker
Verified User
Verified User
Name: TheBucker

Post by TheBucker » Thu May 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Hey all,
Just to add a bit of real-world experience with ECH'ers. I place an order on Monday (hops, yeast, salts, and a flask) and it was at my place yesterday (I'm in Dartmouth). Quick shipping and great service

Sean.
Kegged: Irish Dry Stout, NEIPA
Fermenting: Lutra 'Lager'
On deck: Grapefruit IPA

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:15 am

TheBucker wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:51 pm
Hey all,
Just to add a bit of real-world experience with ECH'ers. I place an order on Monday (hops, yeast, salts, and a flask) and it was at my place yesterday (I'm in Dartmouth). Quick shipping and great service

Sean.
Thanks for the order Sean, glad to hear it arrived quickly and you had a good experience! Don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything you need.

Cheers,
Matt

Return to “East Coast Hoppers Homebrew Supply”