I was too late

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
Tony L
Award Winner 10
Award Winner 10
Posts: 1848
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: Heart's Delight, NL

I was too late

Post by Tony L » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:33 pm

My father got hold of a few CO2 double regulators, complete with guages . He thought they were only fit for scrap and cut off the guages and fittings flush with the regulators before I was able to rescue them. I managed to get one that he missed.
Not sure if an easy out will be able to remove the pieces in the other ones, but I will sure try.

Anyone want one?

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: I was too late

Post by Keith » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 pm

If these can be salvaged yes please. I'm working on a jockeybox and want to permanently mount a regulator and air lines.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: I was too late

Post by GAM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 am

Should be easy enough to remove. I can try and pull them if you want to send them over. I have two regs now and don't need one.

Sandy

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 am

I also have some tools to removed stripped bolts that work well with practice. I can help you out as well if you want.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Thre ... /8366312.p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by chalmers » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 pm

On topic (barely): does anyone have suggestions on removing and replacing broken gauges from regulators? I don't have a vice, and breaking the Loctite stuff on them is kicking my ass. And yes, I know they are left-hand thread (where indicated). I tried heating it up with a torch for a few seconds (I dunno, grasping at straws here), but no go.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: I was too late

Post by Keith » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

chalmers wrote:On topic (barely): does anyone have suggestions on removing and replacing broken gauges from regulators? I don't have a vice, and breaking the Loctite stuff on them is kicking my ass. And yes, I know they are left-hand thread (where indicated). I tried heating it up with a torch for a few seconds (I dunno, grasping at straws here), but no go.
I have the same issue.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by chalmers » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Keith wrote:
chalmers wrote:On topic (barely): does anyone have suggestions on removing and replacing broken gauges from regulators? I don't have a vice, and breaking the Loctite stuff on them is kicking my ass. And yes, I know they are left-hand thread (where indicated). I tried heating it up with a torch for a few seconds (I dunno, grasping at straws here), but no go.
I have the same issue.
Maybe we both need a session at a friendly neighbourhood Brewnoser with a table vice, a breaker bar, and a jar of elbow grease. Anyone offering, I'll bring beer as payment!

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: I was too late

Post by Keith » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:19 pm

My step father has a vice, but they are up in shubie and I always forget the damn thing.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: I was too late

Post by LiverDance » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:28 am

I've got a vice :mebeer:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by chalmers » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:44 am

LiverDance wrote:I've got a vice :mebeer:
Ugh, anyone else? This guy makes all of my beer, anyway!

;)

Cool, let's make a date when I'm back, I'd like to get these bad boys fixed up. I'll have Abri de la Tempete beer to share.

User avatar
know1
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 9:59 pm
Name: Jeramy Slaunwhite
Location: Sackvegas

Re: I was too late

Post by know1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 am

Keith wrote:My step father has a vice, but they are up in shubie and I always forget the damn thing.
I have a small bench vice and a good assortment of tools. If you want to drop over sometime Keith, we can take a crack at it.
Kegged: El Dorado IPA, Rocketfuel 2.0, Wet Hopped Pale, Ryrish Red, Marzen, BN Exchange Dunkel, BN Exchange NEIPA, Lies Lies Lies - Citra <0.5% ale
Fermenting: NZ Pilsner with Enigma, Strawberry brett cider

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 am

Keith wrote:My step father has a vice, but they are up in shubie and I always forget the damn thing.
I have a vice and all of the tools as well and you know where and when to find me.

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: I was too late

Post by GAM » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:15 am

I have a vice if Brian happens to be away.

Sandy

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: I was too late

Post by Keith » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks for the offers gents! :cheers2: I'm sure I'll be in contact with all of you this summer. :cheers2:
Question? Who has the biggest pipes? My girl arms may not be big enough to take this thing apart. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by jacinthebox » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01 am

:lol:
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: I was too late

Post by chalmers » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Way late to report back, but Liverdance hooked me up with his vice and strong arms, and I have my reg sorted. I highly recommend him, he works cheap!

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: I was too late

Post by Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm

I need to get another. Someone knocked over my tank and the new regulator took a hit lol.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests