Homebrew labels

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
dnewf
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:21 pm
Name: Craig
Location: Baie Verte, NL.

Homebrew labels

Post by dnewf » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi guys and gals i was wondering what everyone is using for their own custom labels for their craft beer these days. I just use a little sticker from the dollar store on the cap with date and abbreviation of style of beer.
American lager light bottled since Dec 9/14

Just bottled Irish red ale Jan 4/15

Bottled American pale Ale made Jan 26/15

Bottled cream ale Feb 26/15

Blue Moon Clone brewing away since April 15/15

Cream of 3 crops in primary dec 4 th/15th

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by GuingesRock » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:15 pm

dnewf wrote:Hi guys and gals i was wondering what everyone is using for their own custom labels for their craft beer these days. I just use a little sticker from the dollar store on the cap with date and abbreviation of style of beer.
This is what I use: http://www.brewnosers.org/forums/viewto ... zer#p68726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might find some answers in that thread also. :cheers2:
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

the-mailman
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm
Name: Bruce Mailman
Location: Hammonds Plains

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by the-mailman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:46 pm

I make my own wine labels and they turn out good. I use this software, http://www.labelhelper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's free but you have to email them for the license key.

So far I just print on plain paper and stick them on this a glue stick but I'd like to get the removable vinyl ones like this, http://www.texascraft.com/hps/Inkjet-Wh ... heets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. That way I could remove them and use them for the next batch.
Currently on tap:
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner

In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty

Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime. :)

redoubt
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Name: Kirsten & Keely
Location: Cambridge

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by redoubt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg. Numbers on caps of bottles. Plain, simple, cheap. :)

-Keely.

User avatar
dnewf
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:21 pm
Name: Craig
Location: Baie Verte, NL.

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by dnewf » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Thanks guys for all the info. this is great site..
American lager light bottled since Dec 9/14

Just bottled Irish red ale Jan 4/15

Bottled American pale Ale made Jan 26/15

Bottled cream ale Feb 26/15

Blue Moon Clone brewing away since April 15/15

Cream of 3 crops in primary dec 4 th/15th

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by Jimmy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:21 pm

redoubt wrote:Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg.
Same

User avatar
dexter
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am
Name: Phil
Location: Halifax

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by dexter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Jimmy wrote:
redoubt wrote:Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg.
Same

This, if I bottle it's the same thing.

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by GuingesRock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:32 am

dexter wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
redoubt wrote:Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg.
Same

This, if I bottle it's the same thing.

A different colour tape for each beer would save writing on each bottle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

jmacdonald
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:21 am
Name: Jeff
Location: Amherst, NS

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by jmacdonald » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 am

I usually just use a sharpie on the cap.

However if i want to get "fancy", I print off some labels on a laser printer and stick them on with milk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II37YITuuNU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Berzerker
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:24 am

Re: Homebrew labels

Post by Berzerker » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:51 pm

I did a few up on Uline labels with the color printer at work. I was pretty happy with them. Cant seem to find a picture of a bottle though

Image

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests