Ball lock beer line

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
Timelord_
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm
Name: Tom

Ball lock beer line

Post by Timelord_ » Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 pm

So I brewed some extra hoppy awesomeness that might not be as clear as I would have hoped. Long story short, I am pretty sure I have clogged my beer out post with hop residue and I can't get the damn post off to clean it

Anyone know the exact socket size needed to remove the post?

Cheers

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Ball lock beer line

Post by Keith » Wed May 20, 2015 6:06 pm

7/8th or 11/16th depending on the post.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Ball lock beer line

Post by Keith » Wed May 20, 2015 6:08 pm

I had my entire dip tube clogged not long ago. Take it out and flush it then sanitize and put it back in. Don't forget to leave the airlock open. Otherwise you'll have a wee mess
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Timelord_
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm
Name: Tom

Re: Ball lock beer line

Post by Timelord_ » Wed May 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks Keith. I assume it needs to be a "long barrel" type socket?

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Ball lock beer line

Post by Keith » Wed May 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Nope. I just use a regular wrench
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
Name: Derek Stapleton
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Ball lock beer line

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:08 pm

You could always force your gas connector on to the liquid out post to see if you could blow out the obstruction. It's hard to get them on and off the wrong posts, but may save you from having to pull off the post and dip tube.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Ball lock beer line

Post by Keith » Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Or put the gas line on the liquid post :)
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests