White Labs yeast vault
- mikeorr
- Award Winner 3

- Posts: 582
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 pm
- Name: Michael Orr
- Location: Middle Sackville
White Labs yeast vault
White Labs is releasing some of their banked strains on an on-demand basis:
http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-vault" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some interesting sounding stuff in there...
http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-vault" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some interesting sounding stuff in there...
- Lucas
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 421
- Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 am
- Name: Lucas
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: White Labs yeast vault
The New Nordic Blend sounds pretty neat. The FAQ says they don't ship internationally, but it does say to send them an email if you are interested, so maybe it could be done.
Enjoying: Black Sheep (Dark Farmhouse with Brett)
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone
- mikeorr
- Award Winner 3

- Posts: 582
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 pm
- Name: Michael Orr
- Location: Middle Sackville
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Yeah, I saw that too. Perhaps if there's interest Everwood could bring some in.
- KMcK
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2365
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm
- Name: Kyle
- Location: Halifax, Nova Soctia
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Perhaps a group buy approach would ease their shipping concerns. I can inquire and organize it if there's local interest.
McKeggerator:
- no beer

- MitchK
- Verified User

- Posts: 878
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
- Name: Mitchell Kehoe
- Location: Okanagan Valley, BC
Re: White Labs yeast vault
I'd try out that high pressure lager yeast... Being able to go grain to glass on 4 gallons in a keg in under two weeks for a lager is insane.
- KMcK
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2365
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm
- Name: Kyle
- Location: Halifax, Nova Soctia
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Yeah, I definitely want to try that one.MitchK wrote:I'd try out that high pressure lager yeast...
McKeggerator:
- no beer

- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: White Labs yeast vault
I'd take a few of assorted strains
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
- Lucas
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 421
- Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 am
- Name: Lucas
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: White Labs yeast vault
I'm probably in for a couple of vials too.
Enjoying: Black Sheep (Dark Farmhouse with Brett)
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: White Labs yeast vault
I'd be in for some vials.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
- KMcK
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2365
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm
- Name: Kyle
- Location: Halifax, Nova Soctia
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Upon taking a second look I saw that each strain will be reproduced once its order hits 250 and shipped separately. Therefore the group buy idea doesn't work unless a lot of us want the same strain. Asking Dave to see if he can get them with his regular shipments from White Labs is a better idea.
McKeggerator:
- no beer

- BBrianBoogie
- Verified User

- Posts: 794
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm
- Location: Halifax
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Definitely in for some.
- GillettBreweryCnslt
- Vendor

- Posts: 1935
- Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
- Name: David Gillett
- Location: Hammonds Plains
- Contact:
Re: White Labs yeast vault
I can definitely look into bring this in for you guys. I just brought in a WL order but if we get enough interest I can bring in another one. Shipping just becomes more bearable as the order quantity increases.
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: White Labs yeast vault
How often do you place yeast orders? Personally, I'm in no rush at all. Can't speak for everyone else though of course!
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
- GillettBreweryCnslt
- Vendor

- Posts: 1935
- Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
- Name: David Gillett
- Location: Hammonds Plains
- Contact:
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Usually every 2-3 months. Depends on how quickly they sell. Next one will probably be in Feb if it runs its natural course.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests