My Girl Knows Beer

General beer chit chat
NoApe
Name: Donnie

My Girl Knows Beer

Post by NoApe » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm

I don't want to trash a microbrewery in my home province so I will not say the name. However, I think it is important to share that my wife stoped at a small brewery in Nova Scotia and had about $40 of their product on the counter for purchase including two 650mL
bottles at $15 a piece. She asked about their hops and the guy was a proper prick towards her, if it was me I would have said you can take your beer and stick it up your a$$, my wife is a much nice person than me so she smiled and nodded and walked away. I am posting this because as the subject says, My Girl Knows Beer. To the guys in the industry, don't make assumptions because I tell you now, if you catch her in a bad mood she will put you in your place!

NoApe
Name: Donnie

Re: My Girl Knows Beer

Post by NoApe » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 pm

My mistake, it was $65 worth of their product. When she pointed to the specialty brew in the 650mL bottle and said "I want two of those" the guy said well they are $15 each to which she replied, yes I want two of them.

Bowserm
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mark Bowser

Post by Bowserm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:28 pm

I assume it’s Tatabrew... I find them that way too. I walk in, buy what I want and they always question me when I buy 2-3 bottles.

oceanic_brew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Glen O'Keefe

Post by oceanic_brew » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Bowserm wrote:I assume it’s Tatabrew... I find them that way too. I walk in, buy what I want and they always question me when I buy 2-3 bottles.
this is extremely vague. In what way do they question you? Anything but absolute gratitude for you being there would be very surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowserm
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mark Bowser

Post by Bowserm » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Sorry.. I’ve had the same experience at tata brew where I grabbed a couple quads and a couple other bottles and they asked me if I was sure I wanted 2 of each.

To which I paid the 47 dollars for 4 bottles of beer and was on my merry way. I just thought that they shouldn’t be questioning customers if they want to buy beer. Unless it was to make me understand that each bottle was 15 and change which I knew from the pricing on the cooler.

KB1138
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Kevin

Post by KB1138 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 pm

I think they're just trying to avoid people being surprised at the total. Tatas bottles aren't cheap and I wouldn't be surprised if some folks are shocked when they get to the cash
On tap: Hopped Mead, ESB, Schwazbier
Coming up: Altbier
Fermenting: Maibock
Planned: NEIPA, NZ Pils, Oyster Stout

CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:04 pm

yeah i've also been questioned at tatamagouche before, i appreciated it as they were 15$ bombers.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere

Return to “General Beer Discussion”