A spot to talk general homebrew
timcress10
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Tim Cress

Almost Turn Key Electric set up

Post by timcress10 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi folks,

Figured this might be the best to start this discussion out, can always move it depending on where it goes. I've been tinkering away at getting prices and SKUs for the parts to convert my 3 kegs into an electric brewing set up. Seems fairly straight forward.
My question, is one more out of curiosity and possibly a bit of laziness; is there any place you've seen online, or maybe even Everwood would offer it, where a person could basically go in and pick up all the parts for an electric brewing system, minus the kettles or pots? Obviously try to find the best deal on all the individual parts is a great end goal, but for sheer convenience does such a thing exist? Thanks!
Tim Cress

mckay75
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Mark

Re: Almost Turn Key Electric set up

Post by mckay75 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Have you checked www.theelectricbrewery.com? Most of the parts that are listed for the build are linked directly to amazon. The controller I built for my setup was purchased from stilldragon, and bought as a complete kit (granted it is very simple - no PIDs etc).

I know Dave @ Everwood had mentioned awhile back that he was hoping to be able to start selling turn key controllers, but not sure where he is with that.

timcress10
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Tim Cress

Post by timcress10 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Good to know. I looked at the build guide for the Kal's system, never really looked at the amazon links, so thanks for that!
Tim Cress

MikeMorrison
Name: Mike Morrison

Post by MikeMorrison » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 pm

mckay75 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 pm
The controller I built for my setup was purchased from stilldragon, and bought as a complete kit (granted it is very simple - no PIDs etc).
Curious how the Stilldragon is working out for you. Was the build as straightforward as it seems on teh website? What size element do you use? I was thinking about buying one for my Kettle and one for my HLT.

Mike
Fermenting: Sticke Altbier, Amarillo Saison, DDH Amarillo IPA with Verdant Yeast
On Tap: Good Morning Spider Hop Harvest IPA

know1
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Jeramy Slaunwhite

Post by know1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm

mckay75 wrote:
I know Dave @ Everwood had mentioned awhile back that he was hoping to be able to start selling turn key controllers, but not sure where he is with that.
I believe he now has an electrical outfit at his fingertips that can build and CSA certify custom panels
Kegged: El Dorado IPA, Rocketfuel 2.0, Wet Hopped Pale, Ryrish Red, Marzen, BN Exchange Dunkel, BN Exchange NEIPA, Lies Lies Lies - Citra <0.5% ale
Fermenting: NZ Pilsner with Enigma, Strawberry brett cider

MatthewRichard
Name: Matthew Richard

Post by MatthewRichard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Im in the process of creating a Herms e-bree setup. auberins.com has some good items. they also have pre built controllers but theyre a small fortune. Im building my own
On Tap : ESB
Shock Top Clone
Fermenter: Watermelon Blonde

mckay75
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by mckay75 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:07 pm

know1 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm
mckay75 wrote:
I believe he now has an electrical outfit at his fingertips that can build and CSA certify custom panels
Sweet!!!

mckay75
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by mckay75 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:11 pm

MikeMorrison wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 pm
mckay75 wrote:
The controller I built for my setup was purchased from stilldragon, and bought as a complete kit (granted it is very simple - no PIDs etc).
Curious how the Stilldragon is working out for you. Was the build as straightforward as it seems on teh website? What size element do you use? I was thinking about buying one for my Kettle and one for my HLT.

Mike

(knocking on wood) It's been great...probably the better part of a 100 batches on it and still kicking! It was a very simple build using the plans on the website. I'm using a 5500w element that I picked up from Everwood.

MikeMorrison
Name: Mike Morrison

Post by MikeMorrison » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Excellent to hear. I'll be looking to make the switch to electric before the winter.
Fermenting: Sticke Altbier, Amarillo Saison, DDH Amarillo IPA with Verdant Yeast
On Tap: Good Morning Spider Hop Harvest IPA

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”