Full Grain Equipment

Items for sale/trade
AndyBurgs
Name: Andrew

Full Grain Equipment

Post by AndyBurgs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am

Hey Folks,

Tito and I just completed our first brew day last weekend and can't wait to get our second on the go!

We somewhat jumped into it with some throw together equipment and are now looking to expand to make the day run smoother and more efficient. Wondering if any of you fellow beer lovers have some old equipment they'd be willing to part with?

We have a list of things we are looking to somewhat have for our next brew (hopefully before our first finishes fermenting);

- Carboy w/ bung and airlock (most important to have a second brew)
- Mashtun
- Kettle
- Wort Chiller
- Thermometer

Possible a few other things to throw into the mix. These item do not necessarily need to be assembled or can be just little things that can be used for a DIY build; anything will be helpful.

Anyway, let me know if anyone can help out! Thanks a lot for all the help on here, the first run definitely wouldn't have been as successful without some of your knowledge and advice.

Cheers,
Andrew & Tito

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Re: Full Grain Equipment

Post by Celiacbrew » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:00 pm

I have some carboys. How many are you looking for?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

AndyBurgs

Post by AndyBurgs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:02 pm

What are you willing to sell it for?

Also, are these regular 23L?

Cheers,
Andrew

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Celiacbrew » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 pm

They are either 6 or 6.5 gallon. Not sure which. I think most of them are 6.5 though. For the price I’m not sure. Whatever is a fair price I would guess. On kijiji they seem to go for $20 a piece but that seems like too much to me. How about $10 each. I probably have an old bing I can throw in. For the airlock you will want to buy that new since you can’t boil it to clean it.

For the mash tun you could definitely buy one from someone on here or I can walk you through making a cooler mashtun. It’s much easier than it sounds and doesn’t cost that much. You buy a cheap 48 quart cooler from Walmart and unscrew the spigot. Then you add a kit that the HomeBrewTalk stores sell. Total cost is about 50$.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

jimboh
Verified User
Verified User
Name: jim

Post by jimboh » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 pm

An old crooner to give away??
Drinking: Best Coast IPA, Old Speckled Hen Clone, Northern Lights (NG),
Belgian Saison, Blonde Ale, Toy Soldier Stout(OBK) and 14G batch of ESB.
Fermenting: Taking a rest!
Scheduled: Another 10G of Toy Soldier Stout.

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Celiacbrew » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Yeah he eats too much to keep around regardless of how much I like his singing.

Mike E.

AndyBurgs

Post by AndyBurgs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Ill definitely take you up on the $10 carboy offer

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

I have a complete brewing system that includes mash tun, 2 kettles, wired in pump, chiller, and super sturdy metal stand c/w burners for $500. It's perfect for doing double batches as that's what we used it for, my friend has since got out of brewing so i only do single batches now. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you some pictures.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Sandy MacNeil

Post by GAM » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm

You have friends?

S

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:36 am

GAM wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm
You have friends?

S
I did :lol:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Brenden
Name: Brenden Janes

Post by Brenden » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:07 am

LiverDance wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm
I have a complete brewing system that includes mash tun, 2 kettles, wired in pump, chiller, and super sturdy metal stand c/w burners for $500. It's perfect for doing double batches as that's what we used it for, my friend has since got out of brewing so i only do single batches now. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you some pictures.
Very Interested in this! I sent you a message. Definitely would like to see some pictures.
DogHair Brewing
:cheers:

Keggermeister
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Keggermeister » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 am

I have a sankey system I would part with. 3 kegs, false bottoms of the kettle and tun, ball valves... make me an offer. Image

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Return to “Classifieds”