WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Items for sale/trade
User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 am

Looking to start piecing together what I need for my Keezer. On a budget to complete this, so figure I'd see if anyone has anything used, eventually want to build out to 4 taps, but am going to start with 2.

Things I'm looking for right now.
2 kegs
2 shank \ taps
10-20lb CO2 & regulator
4 way co2 manifold

I've looked on kijiji, however haven't seen anything. If you hear of anything, please let me know. :cheers2:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jeffsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Name: Jeff Smith
Location: Amherst, NS
Contact:

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by jeffsmith » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 am

I have a 4-way CO2 manifold that I'll PM you about today.

User avatar
LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
Name: Derek Stapleton
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:58 am

keithforbes wrote:Looking to start piecing together what I need for my Keezer. On a budget to complete this, so figure I'd see if anyone has anything used, eventually want to build out to 4 taps, but am going to start with 2.

Things I'm looking for right now.
2 kegs
2 shank \ taps
10-20lb CO2 & regulator
4 way co2 manifold

I've looked on kijiji, however haven't seen anything. If you hear of anything, please let me know. :cheers2:
For kegs on kijiji, you need to check often - they go quick once posted and are becoming a bit harder to find. Some guys were having luck on Moncton kijiji as well.

Check out both Everwood Ave Brewshop (local) and OBK for taps and shanks if you decide on new - both have excellent service.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

User avatar
Araxi
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
Name: Bruce
Location: Riverview

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Araxi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 pm

If I come across any here in Moncton I'll let you know.

User avatar
adams81
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm
Name: Geoff
Location: Clayton Park, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by adams81 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 pm

This has worked well for me. It's like the alert option in Kijiji but it runs more frequently, up to every 15 min. Alerts are emailed to you.

Set up your searches well of you can end up spamming yourself!

https://www.kijijialerts.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

keithforbes wrote:Looking to start piecing together what I need for my Keezer. On a budget to complete this, so figure I'd see if anyone has anything used, eventually want to build out to 4 taps, but am going to start with 2.

Things I'm looking for right now.
2 kegs
2 shank \ taps
10-20lb CO2 & regulator
4 way co2 manifold

I've looked on kijiji, however haven't seen anything. If you hear of anything, please let me know. :cheers2:
I went to Noble Grape this evening as my smaller 5lb CO2 tank had run out. You take the old one back and pick up a new full one and it cost $22.49. It’s much cheaper than that by the pound if you have a bigger tank. That was with the Brewnoser discount (just tell them you are a Brewnoser).

I asked some questions about the Munich malt, and while they were making a phone call about the supplier and colour of it, I had a scout around the back at the ball lock Corny kegs, and they had some beautiful used kegs there with all the features I like, handle style on the lid, poppet valves that hadn’t been replaced with the universal ones that don’t work well as far as hooking up the connectors goes, they had been washed, in really good shape, they had the classic in and out posts that are easy to distinguish with the serrated gas post at the bottom. I haven’t taken them fully apart yet, but I think they might not even need new o-rings. I bought kegs before from them in nowhere near as good shape. They had trouble getting kegs for a while, and I think they might have found a new supplier.

Any way! I’m writing too much. They were $53.99 each (with Brewnoser discount) and I think that’s quite good. I was very pleased to bring them home to join the rest of the family.

...don't know if that helps you at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner
Posts: 13764
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Halifax/New Glasgow

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by mr x » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Good deal on the CO2, but I think that's robbery on the tanks. I guess it depends on the purchase price. Usually pretty low....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the tanks. Bit more than I was hoping to spend. But even if I get this Keezer going with 1 keg and build out I'll be happy haha.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:52 am

Give me a couple of hours and I'll have something up in the store for you.... ;)

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 am

Dave, I've been watching your site for signs of kegs coming in. Any news/progress?

I've been hunting for 5 gal ones like the OBK "economy" 2.5 gal ones. I find them to be really good quality and value. Or something similar to that...new and cheap and good quality.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

AllanMar
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 pm
Name: Allan
Location: Dartmouth, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by AllanMar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:28 pm

OBK used to sell 5gal economy ones like the 2.5gal but did away with them for the ones they have now.

I think they were actually slightly more then the ones he has now. The 2.5Gal ones are nice, but IMHO the 5gal ones OBK has now are nicer.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Fishdisease wrote:Give me a couple of hours and I'll have something up in the store for you.... ;)
:cheers2:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:59 pm

keithforbes wrote:
Fishdisease wrote:Give me a couple of hours and I'll have something up in the store for you.... ;)
:cheers2:
I'm trying to get the kegs and kegorator kits up too, probably tonight or tomorrow. If not Monday for sure.

Thanks

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:02 pm

mr x wrote:I think that's robbery on the tanks. I guess it depends on the purchase price. Usually pretty low....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
You probably have better sources. I was comparing to price online where you have to also pay shipping, I thought it wasn’t too bad for a retail store. For example a used ball lock from OBK would cost me $69.99 including shipping, before taxes, and no Brewnosers discount available for that when I tried. It isn't OBK's fault they have to ship and shipping for a keg is expensive though. I strongly suspect they subsidize shipping costs also, especially since it says you can only buy one or two. That makes me think they might be providing customer service at a cost or a very small margin. I'm guessing margins for these are small ATM as they are in short supply.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:36 am

I'm picking up my 4 kegs, CO2 and regulator tonight. Still looking for taps and shanks.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 pm

I never moved beyond picnic taps (cobra taps), easy to clean, portable (you can take a keg on a picnic :) ) and very cheap.

https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... ic-faucet/
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:28 am

I thought about that, but with the keezer, opening and closing frequently wouldn't be fun with a few friends over, plus it would look much cleaner and more presentable. Plus I'm planning on building a jockey box next year at some point to have avaialble for partys.

On a side note, I got a great deal. 10lb CO2 + Regulator, and 4 ball lock kegs for $200. Couldn't beat it.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:38 am

Now I'm left to CO2 lines, Beer lines, gas\liquid ball locks and shanks\taps, and the keezer\kegerator (not sure which yet). CO2 I purchased came close to full which was great.
A few weeks and well... this is me. :spilly:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:22 am

keithforbes wrote: A few weeks and well... this is me. :spilly:
Where do you get all that patience from? I did mine in a few hours. It was my birthday and my wife bought me an expensive sweater which didn’t fit. They never do fit because I am tall, so nothing out of the ordinary. I used that for leverage, took the sweater back, appeared to be very disappointed about the sweater, put on my Eeyore voice and said…"maybe we could see if there is anything in Noble Grape instead"…a few hours later I was all set up with kegs, CO2, picnic taps, lines and a temperature controller for the freezer…and a big grin on my face :D

...one of the best birthdays I ever had :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by LiverDance » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 am

That must have been some sweater!
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:27 am

GuingesRock wrote:
keithforbes wrote: A few weeks and well... this is me. :spilly:
Where do you get all that patience from? I did mine in a few hours.
I'm in a rush, but some things take time.
a) Kegs are empty. Need to fill them. (Honey Brown brewing now for the first keg)
b) Need to wait on the manifold which arrives next weekend.
c) Need to find a 7 cubic ft freezer that will hold 4 kegs for a fair price.

Also any idea where I can find a temp controller?
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:28 am

LiverDance wrote:That must have been some sweater!
I'd need a Keezer too. :rockin:
clownSweat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:42 pm

You're getting a fancy sweater AND a keezer :clap:

My brain thinks it’s supposed to read your signature every time because it’s in highlighted quote format. Gets me every time :smackhead: :lol:
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by Keith » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:28 pm

bad thing is I read it myself. I think it may need to come out.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: WTB: Corny Kegs & CO2

Post by GuingesRock » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:49 pm

keithforbes wrote: Also any idea where I can find a temp controller?
https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/sea ... &records=6

You need to go and see Dave! Great guy! Great prices! He doesn't sell sweaters!
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

Post Reply

Return to “Classifieds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests