there's a kegerator thread in the general homebrew discussion area...i'll bump that one up for you.BenFrank wrote:Can we get a bump on this thread??
I'm looking at finally making my Kegerator and I'd like some advice / inspiration!
Let's see your beer fridge!
-
Jmac00
- Verified User

- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm
- Location: Cape Breton, NS
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
- BenFrank
- Verified User

- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:59 am
- Location: HRM
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
Thanks chief!
Wanna come over and help me build my Kegerator?
I'll pay you in all the beer you can drink.
Wanna come over and help me build my Kegerator?
I'll pay you in all the beer you can drink.
2B1ASK1
- sleepyjamie
- Award Winner 5

- Posts: 2482
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
- Name: jamie
- Location: Calgary
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
Just got 4 perlick taps. Rebuilding the keggerator with a 10" collar. The 10" will provide me with enough room to fit an extra keg on standby and also a shelf for some mason jars with yeast, as the wife is getting sick of having yeast in the main fridge.
probably going to make it a little more nicer so i can hopefully put it in the living room. maybe add some stained wood in the front, granite tops, drip tray and LED for lighting.

keggerator 2012 by sleepyjamie, on Flickr
probably going to make it a little more nicer so i can hopefully put it in the living room. maybe add some stained wood in the front, granite tops, drip tray and LED for lighting.

keggerator 2012 by sleepyjamie, on Flickr
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)
- sleepyjamie
- Award Winner 5

- Posts: 2482
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
- Name: jamie
- Location: Calgary
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)
- bluenose
- Verified User

- Posts: 1984
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 pm
- Location: New Glasgow
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
I used a piece of the white tub surround material... I think it might be cheaper than aluminum and is meant for wet environmentsHotBreak wrote:I also take the inside of the door out and replace it with a sheet of aluminum to make more room for kegs!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
- dexter
- Verified User

- Posts: 994
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am
- Name: Phil
- Location: Halifax
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep fruit flies from the taps? and how often do they need to be taken apart and cleaned? I have the fridge, the kegs, they Co2 and everything else I need. I'm just worried about the cleanliness.
- sleepyjamie
- Award Winner 5

- Posts: 2482
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
- Name: jamie
- Location: Calgary
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
I've seen people put ballons under their taps to keep unwanted visitors away.dexter wrote:this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep fruit flies from the taps? and how often do they need to be taken apart and cleaned? I have the fridge, the kegs, they Co2 and everything else I need. I'm just worried about the cleanliness.
I also keep a bottle of starsan nearby and spray the faucet after every drink.
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)
- Graham.C
- Verified User

- Posts: 1900
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 pm
- Name: Graham Clark
- Location: Ottawa ON
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
that's what I do now as well, although only after the last drink of the evening.sleepyjamie wrote:
I also keep a bottle of starsan nearby and spray the faucet after every drink.
-Graham
- derek
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 1300
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:01 pm
- Location: Musquodoboit Harbour, NS
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
But it's so hard to know in advance, which is the last...mgc wrote:that's what I do now as well, although only after the last drink of the evening.sleepyjamie wrote:
I also keep a bottle of starsan nearby and spray the faucet after every drink.
Currently on tap: Whiter Shade of Pale!
In keg: .
In Primary: Nothing
In keg: .
In Primary: Nothing
- Graham.C
- Verified User

- Posts: 1900
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 pm
- Name: Graham Clark
- Location: Ottawa ON
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
derek wrote:But it's so hard to know in advance, which is the last...mgc wrote:that's what I do now as well, although only after the last drink of the evening.sleepyjamie wrote:
I also keep a bottle of starsan nearby and spray the faucet after every drink.
-Graham
-
spuds
- Verified User

- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 pm
- Name: Bobby
- Location: PEI
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
Golden Ale on tap. Room for 3 more withe 2x6 collar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drinking: Red Hook clone
Waiting on: Fruit beer
Waiting on: Fruit beer
- akr71
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 2644
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 pm
- Name: Andy
- Location: Amherst, NS
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
Is that Blizzard of Ozz on vinyl? Sweet!

Andy
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
My first thought too.akr71 wrote:Is that Blizzard of Ozz on vinyl? Sweet!
Sandy
-
spuds
- Verified User

- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 pm
- Name: Bobby
- Location: PEI
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
Had to chuck that in there, still like the Ozz Man
Drinking: Red Hook clone
Waiting on: Fruit beer
Waiting on: Fruit beer
-
RobD
- Verified User

- Posts: 396
- Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 pm
Re: Let's see your beer fridge!
A few of us ordered theses. Hopefully they'll help!dexter wrote:this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep fruit flies from the taps? and how often do they need to be taken apart and cleaned? I have the fridge, the kegs, they Co2 and everything else I need. I'm just worried about the cleanliness.
http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/product_p/tapcap.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests
