Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Items for sale/trade
mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Post by mumblecrunch » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Over the last several months I've committed to a 5 gallon capacity system and now I've got some gear to sell.

The kettle is a 15 gallon from Dave@Everwood, so it will do 10 gallon batches very comforably. It's got two welded bulkheads and a weldless recirculation port with 2-piece ballvalves on the appropriate ports. The thermometer has a 6" stem and is the tiltable variety, which is nice for not having to bend or squat down to look at it. Inside there's a street elbow on the recirculation port and a side pickup tube on the drain. After the last time I used it I decided it was due for a full teardown and scrub with PBW, Barkeepers Friend and a toothbrush, including the ball valves. So it's all pretty clean (although the new owner will have to heat some water and cinch down all the connections before brewing on it).

The mashtun (previously listed here) is a Coleman Xtreme 9gal/34L cooler. There's very little dead space in these thanks to the channel. Due to the heavier insulation, it can be used outside in the winter without a ton of temperature loss (although on colder days I did wrap it in an old sleeping bag). It comes with a custom voile bag from MashedIn.com (some minor heat damage, but in a harmless location) along with a velcro strap and a street elbow inside. Bag-in-a-cooler is much easier than using a bazooka screen IMO.

I'd like to get $225 for the kettle and $75 for the mashtun, but if someone is willing to take them together I'd do it for $260.

I also have a burner that would work with the pot; it's certainly not new, but it's serviceable, $20.
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_5320.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg
IMG_5402.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

milesbeershop
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Miles Bishop

Re: Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Post by milesbeershop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am

I will take the burning off your hands if its still in good working condition.

milesbeershop
Verified User
Verified User

Post by milesbeershop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am

Sorry thats…. BURNER.

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Post by mumblecrunch » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:20 pm

milesbeershop wrote:I will take the burner off your hands if its still in good working condition.
I will test fire it tonight and let you know, but it was working fine right up until I replaced it about 18 months ago. Since then it's just been sitting in my shed, so I have no reason to believe it's anything but functional. Could probably use a going-over with a wire brush, though ;)

Assuming it works, Miles, I'll put your name on it.

milesbeershop
Verified User
Verified User

Post by milesbeershop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:22 pm

mumblecrunch wrote:
milesbeershop wrote:I will take the burner off your hands if its still in good working condition.
I will test fire it tonight and let you know, but it was working fine right up until I replaced it about 18 months ago. Since then it's just been sitting in my shed, so I have no reason to believe it's anything but functional. Could probably use a going-over with a wire brush, though ;)

Assuming it works, Miles, I'll put your name on it.
Great! Would love to add it to the setup.

Return to “Classifieds”