Robobrew V3

A spot to talk general homebrew
PMackie
Name: Paul MacKinnon

Re: Robobrew V3

Post by PMackie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am

Yeah the board Everwood gave me along with the Temp probe are both new and improved models. They have an extra transformer and they look better made. I am brewing now, so we will see how it holds up. So far so good.
Kegged: Cadbeery Milk Chocolate Stout, Mack Daddy Pale Ale, The Great Trumpkin Ale
Fermenting: BS Comp Hefe
On deck: Brewnosers Advent Beer
In the hole:: Red/ESB Ale, Brown Ale

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Don

Post by elreplica » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Good to see support for RB...I’d expect nothing less from Everwood as well. Price point is great on the RB and I’d have pulled the trigger on one but bought into the GF ecosystem. I’m happy with the Connect and all that but need to make better use this winter. A RB might be my next system if I step up to 10 gallon batches... :cheers:
At Bat: several Czech Pils
On Deck: Cream Ale
In the Hole: Kolsch
Clean Up: Tall Ships Ale clones
On tap: Propeller Pils, Festa Cream Ale

McGruff
Name: Chris Storey

Post by McGruff » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 am

Mine just got another E1 and E2 error code. OBK'S is sending me new unit. I wonder if this one will have the new and improved circuit board? Patrick will stop selling them if this keeps up, ( just like he stopped selling the grainfather ) so where will I get parts after my warranty is up?

McGruff

Post by McGruff » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:24 am

I got my new one yesterday. I hear there is a brand new board coming out this winter. About time. It should be free for every customer.

Swine
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ryan Swinamer

Post by Swine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am

Wow, you are lucky to have your new one. I am still waiting on replacement pump due to the CP labor sissies... Shipped Nov 5 with Expedited (CP web site says 3 days from OBK postal code to min) and now scheduled delivery for Nov 20. It has changed 4 times in last week, was the 12th, then the 19th, now 20th.
Hoping it comes sooner, but here in NS they just extended their 24hr strike from yesterday to at least today as well (it rained yesterday afternoon and night, so they couldn't picket).
Can you tell I'm bitter with CP?

smokey
Name: n/a

Post by smokey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 pm

I can tell just a wee bit.

ackes
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike

Post by ackes » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Swine wrote:Wow, you are lucky to have your new one. I am still waiting on replacement pump due to the CP labor sissies... Shipped Nov 5 with Expedited (CP web site says 3 days from OBK postal code to min) and now scheduled delivery for Nov 20. It has changed 4 times in last week, was the 12th, then the 19th, now 20th.
Hoping it comes sooner, but here in NS they just extended their 24hr strike from yesterday to at least today as well (it rained yesterday afternoon and night, so they couldn't picket).
Can you tell I'm bitter with CP?
Sounds like opportunity for a great of beer name to me Ryan.

Canada Post strike ESB!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kegged: Cranberry Saison (other 1/2 of BR HBC), Mango-Pineapple Berliner Weisse, Maple Pecan Brown Ale, Pale ale - Hippie Dippie clone, Milkshake IPA for Decembeer exchange
Fermenting: BS - Hefe
On deck: Black IPA
In the hole:: Honey wheat for the masses, and likely hold off until B.R. Black box to plan the next one.

PMackie

Post by PMackie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm

How is everyone's efficiency anyway. In efficiency I mean if your shooting for a 1.056 beer, are you normally off by a few points or dead on? I am finding I am usually off by a few points lately, not a ton, and it doesn't effect quality, but I would like to be closer to hitting my target.
Kegged: Cadbeery Milk Chocolate Stout, Mack Daddy Pale Ale, The Great Trumpkin Ale

Beert
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Bert

Post by Beert » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:16 pm

PMackie wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm
How is everyone's efficiency anyway. In efficiency I mean if your shooting for a 1.056 beer, are you normally off by a few points or dead on? I am finding I am usually off by a few points lately, not a ton, and it doesn't effect quality, but I would like to be closer to hitting my target.
Grain crush could be an issue. Most people find there is an increase in efficiency when they make the jump to crushing their own grain vs. having their grain supplier do it. If you don’t mill your own grain and rely on your LHBS to do it, have them double mill it and see what that does.

Cheers.

McGruff

Post by McGruff » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 am

I find my efficiency goes up when I mash for 90 min instead of 60. Usually around 5%, sometimes a little more, sometimes less.

PMackie

Post by PMackie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 am

I plan on milling my own soon, if Santa is kind to me. So for sure that will help. I actually lately did start mashing an extra 15 minutes before doing my mash out and my efficiency was much better. I'll give 90 a go next brew and see what happens.
Thanks for the feedback folks.

Ruby
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ruby

Post by Ruby » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:32 am

Even using BeerSmith's RoboBrew profile, if i'm shooting for 1.056, i'll usually come in a couple of points higher.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”