A spot to talk general homebrew
Hibernaculum
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Matt McNair

Escarpment Yeasts Available

Post by Hibernaculum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I've just made an order of homebrew-sized yeast pitches from Escarpment Labs, as there has been a bit of a void since Everwood dissipated. If anyone is interested, I will have the following pitches as of the middle of next week for $11 each (tax included):

Vermont Ale - This high-character American ale yeast produces hop-accentuating fruity esters, accentuating stone fruit and citrus character, accompanied by a smooth body
New World Saison Blend - A new world Saison blend containing Saccharomyces and Brettanomyces to produce a fruity, funky beer with rustic charm.
Saison Maison (x2) - This is a non-diastatic yeast isolated from a Belgian Saison.
Cerberus - This enigmatic strain has proven itself in many breweries who use it alone or paired with Vermont Ale to produce fruit-forward, hoppy beers. Produces and enhances tropical fruit flavours.
Biergarten Lager - A lager strain sourced from a venerable Munich brewery, this strain offers low diacetyl production and a crisp flavour profile highly suited for German Pils, Helles, Festbier or other Munich-style lagers.
Arset Kveik Blend - This kveik yeast was sourced from Jakob Årset, on the farm Årset in Eidsdal, Norway. The overall flavour profile is similar to the Hornindal Kveik Blend, but this blend shows a higher degree of hop biotransformation.
Ebbegarden Kveik Blend - This kveik yeast blend from Stordal was sourced from Jens Aage Øvrebust. This blend displays prominent fruity esters, leaning toward tropical guava and mango, lending well to traditional as well as modern aromatic styles like NEIPA.
Hornindal Kveik Blend - This is a selection of two of our favourite strains from Terje Raftevold's Hornindal Kveik. The blend shows mixed fruity character.
Fruit Bomb Saison - This high-character blend contains a Saison strain with balanced ester and spice aromas, an enigmatic Brettanomyces anomala strain with tropical characteristics, and a complex and fruity Brettanomyces bruxellensis strain. Highly suited to aroma hop or fruit-forward farmhouse ales/saisons.
Isar Lager - One of our favourite German lager yeasts! Accentuates malt character, with a reliable fermentation profile and good flocculation and diacetyl reduction.
Old World Saison Blend - A characterful blend of two classic Saison strains. Produces complex fruit and black pepper notes along with a reliable, fast and high degree of attenuation.

See https://www.escarpmentlabs.com for more details on each strain/blend.

Pickup can be arranged, or I can meet you somewhere within the Halifax peninsula. I am located on North Street in Halifax.

Thanks,

Matt
Last edited by Hibernaculum on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
On Tap:
Janet's Brown Ale

Brewing Next / Now Fermenting:
Dry Stout

Slow Burners
3x Lambic-style batches
4 variants of 2023-harvest ciders

ConanTroutman
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Escarpment Yeasts Available

Post by ConanTroutman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:22 pm

I brewed a 2.5-3% saison with the Tart Saison blend that turned out really nice, would recommend!

Hibernaculum
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Hibernaculum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:45 pm

ConanTroutman wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:22 pm
I brewed a 2.5-3% saison with the Tart Saison blend that turned out really nice, would recommend!

Nice! I haven't used that one, but there are some fun blends here I look forward to trying out. I've used the Spooky Saison strain a fair bit lately, and am now ready to do some more split batch experiments between some new saison strains/blends.
On Tap:
Janet's Brown Ale

Dry Stout

Slow Burners
3x Lambic-style batches

Keggermeister
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Keggermeister » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:09 pm

I will take 2 Krispy!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hibernaculum
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Hibernaculum » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:10 am

Keggermeister wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:09 pm
I will take 2 Krispy!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Post edited, they're yours! Will post here once they arrive.
On Tap:
Janet's Brown Ale

Dry Stout

Slow Burners
3x Lambic-style batches

Keggermeister
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Keggermeister » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:59 pm