Hi guys,
I have an ESB that has been in secondary for 3 weeks now. Looking at it a few minutes ago and I see hop seeds (or pieces of grain) going up to the surface then they go down. The cycle repeat itself...
How normal is that? the fermentation temp is 15C and I have not taken the gravity yet.
Any Ideas?
Marc
floaties in fermentation
- malarcus
- Registered User

- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm
- Name: Marc Larouche
- Location: Dartmouth
floaties in fermentation
Fermenting:
King's Red ESB
West Coast IPA
On tap:
Empty
King's Red ESB
West Coast IPA
On tap:
Empty
- amartin
- Award Winner 8

- Posts: 1765
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: floaties in fermentation
Can you take a picture of it?
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: floaties in fermentation
I get them all the time in my beer with no issues.
- malarcus
- Registered User

- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm
- Name: Marc Larouche
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: floaties in fermentation
I tried to take a picture but you can't see anything.
I don't mind much the seeds as for the fact they rise to the top and then drop to the bottom.
I don't mind much the seeds as for the fact they rise to the top and then drop to the bottom.
Fermenting:
King's Red ESB
West Coast IPA
On tap:
Empty
King's Red ESB
West Coast IPA
On tap:
Empty
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: floaties in fermentation
They are getting caught on a CO2 bubbel that bursts and drops the seed.
Sandy
Sandy
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest