Kegs?
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: Kegs?
Looks interesting! Group buy? Would it be worth contacting them for a price on a bulk purchase? I wonder how much 50 or 100 new Pepsi kegs would be? I'll contact them.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: Kegs?
I'd likely be interested in adding more kegs to my "library" as my wife calls it
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
-
jason.loxton
- Verified User

- Posts: 972
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm
- Name: Jason Loxton
- Location: sydney ns
Re: Kegs?
I actually emailed him about this previously. This is the response I got:
"Hey Jason,
Our ball locks range from $38-$45 and our pin locks are $28 each. We can fit 20 to a pallet and can also stack up to 3 high for a total of 60 in one pallet position. Also, shipping to Maine on 20 will cost $125 and 40 will cost $233. Let me know what you think and have a great day!
Thanks!
-Robert"
"Hey Jason,
Our ball locks range from $38-$45 and our pin locks are $28 each. We can fit 20 to a pallet and can also stack up to 3 high for a total of 60 in one pallet position. Also, shipping to Maine on 20 will cost $125 and 40 will cost $233. Let me know what you think and have a great day!
Thanks!
-Robert"
-
chalmers
- Moderator

- Posts: 5604
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
- Name: Chris
- Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
- Contact:
Re: Kegs?
$45-$50 per keg, before taxes, not a great savings for the effort.
FYI: a Ford Escape can hold 48 pepsi kegs, when you need to get them from Maine to NB/NS/PEI.
FYI: a Ford Escape can hold 48 pepsi kegs, when you need to get them from Maine to NB/NS/PEI.
Co-author of Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: Kegs?
That's a good price if they are new kegs. Isn't it?
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
-
chalmers
- Moderator

- Posts: 5604
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
- Name: Chris
- Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
- Contact:
Re: Kegs?
They most definitely did not look new in the pictures I saw.
Co-author of Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
- CorneliusAlphonse
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2988
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Re: Kegs?
they dont look new... for the effort involved, i agree that is isn't worth it.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
-
chalmers
- Moderator

- Posts: 5604
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
- Name: Chris
- Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
- Contact:
Re: Kegs?
That is true, however don't forget the taxes (either upon ordering depending on which state they're coming from and/or at the border if you haven't stayed in the US for more than 48hours), bringing it closer to $36. Plus gas and wear and tear on a car to get it to people. Bringing the real cost close to $40.Maritimer wrote:$28 for a pin lock ain't bad (34.25 w/shipping on 20)
I guess that's my long-winded way of saying, "No thanks".
Co-author of Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest